List of mobs you'd like to see experience increased

Started by Vitoc, Jan 20, 2007, 07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

Saw some good conversation in the realm today and a suggestion to raise experience on certain mobs.  List the mobs, their current exp, what exp you think they should be worth, and why.

Hurricane Omega

Instant Regen Cave Worm:  100 EXP now and make it about 250.  Too often there are 3 or more people in there and this would speed the rather boring run from level 5 to 11.

The slime beast:  With the increase in exp for the cave worm, improving the slime beast would be a must.  I don't have the exact exp value, but raising it to around 500 should be enough.

The bone warriors in the dying fields:  They range from 3000 to 6500.  Increase them to 4000, 5000, 6000, and 7000.  Regen in the area should be high enough to break the area up into 6 or 8 room blocks and still make between 3 and 4 million per hour.  This would put it on par with the web in mod 9 and add more possible loops for level 65+ characters.

Vile

My premise is there needs to be more variety in high level scripting areas. And hand playing to kill bosses should be encouraged and rewarded.

gnaj golem from 8k to 12k + add in more regen rooms to make the area scriptable
gnaj zombie - 6.5 to 10k

green + blue + red demonling - 7k to 10k + add in more regen rooms

bone warrior - 6.5k to 8k + increase the other bone warriors

All mobs in volcano - +20%

Add more regen rooms in manscorpian area

horned spider - 7k to 5.4k - the area is OP, 20% decrease in exp
storm giant - 9.5k to 7k - area is OP, 20% decrease

Bosses
Gnaj - 900k to 5mil
Vasili + Vashti - 1mil to 4mil each
Dark Mage - 2mil to 5mil
Darken Beast Lord - 6.5 to 10mil
Hanging tree - 6.5 to 15 mil
Irikani - 2.5 to 5
Dreadlord - 1.5 to 5
Lord Feyr - 450k to 4mil
Mind Flayer Magus - 400k to 4mil
etc.. etc..

Gardner Denver

I think 5 million on Dreadlord is to much given how easy it is to kill him really.  His minions do not regen so even if he kills you, you just gear up and go back after him.  I would agree to making him 5 million if the Warmongers were set to a low timed regen rate rather than a spell or textblock that causes them to regen only when the Dreadlord regens though.

Greater

#587 manscorpion shaman - Currently 10,000 exp. Proposed exp: 16,000. Reason: Constant output of high magic damage and status effects including uncurable spells.

#683 fire knight -  Currently 7,250 exp. Proposed exp: 10,000. Reason: Medium hp, high physical output and accuracy. Can put out 1000 dmg freak rounds.

#685 giant efreeti - Currently 7,000 exp. Proposed exp: 10,000. Reason: High fire damage output, also low spawn rate in a hard-to-reach area

#807 wolfman - Currently 7,000 exp. Propsed exp: 8,500. Reason: See hidden, medium physical output with harsh status effects, summons rabid dire wolves

#820 clawed beast man - Currently: 5,000 exp. Proposed exp: 8,500. Reason: Medium HP, See hidden, strong physical output with status effects

#873 tsunami squid - Currently 10 exp. Proposed exp: 35,000,000. Reason: Give this thing a reason to be sought out and killed

#880 sea hag - Currently 15,000 exp. Proposed exp: 28,000. Reason: Is in the 5 hardest non-boss monsters list. Extreme damage, harsh status effects.

#883 canimera - Currently 12,000 exp. Proposed exp: 16,000. Reason: High hp, large output of tri-elemental and physical dmg with high accuracy.

#928 wraith knight - Currently 12,475 exp. Proposed exp: 23,000. Reason: Arguably in the top 5 hardest non-boss monsters. MUCH harder than 12k monsters.

#936 gnaj zombie - Currently 6,500 exp. Proposed exp: 9000. Reason: Is much harder than comparable 6.5k monsters, and puts out a fairly tough mixture of dmg.

#947 gnaj golem - Currently 8,000 exp. Proposed exp: 16,500. Reason: Can output huge unresistable damage, and is much harder than comparable 8k monsters.

#951 green demonling - Currently 7,000 exp. Proposed exp: 12,000. Reason: Very harsh mixture of physical/spell attacks with many status effects. Much harder than average 7k monster.

#952 blue demonling - Currently 7,000 exp. Proposed exp: 12,000. Reason: Very harsh mixture of physical/spell attacks with many status effects. Much harder than average 7k monster.

#953 red demonling - Currently 7,000 exp. Proposed exp: 12,000. Reason: Very harsh mixture of physical/spell attacks with many status effects. Much harder than average 7k monster.

#1031 AND 879 darken beast - Currently 14,000 exp. Proposed exp: 18,500. Reason: Large hp, blinds the room 100%/round and applies status effects on each attack. They are already worth a fair amount, but not enough to seek them out for experience. Exp commensurate with annoyance factor.

y2duhh

How about decreasing the amount of xp for a handful if not all mobs. It always drove me nuts that within the first month half the realm is level 40 let's make it like the old beta days when it took 6 months to get to level 20.

Gardner Denver

To be fair, in the old days most everyone played by hand as well.  That played a factor as well.

y2duhh

Thanx Gardner. This was a scripting BBS even in beta and even though it wasn't megamud xping was quite a bit different back then and I would prefer it be harder to get to the end game then easier. At the moment mud is easy and whoever puts the most time into it wins which is always the same 3 or 4 losers regardless of reset let's change that meta.

Gardner Denver

I would also submit that the stupid crazy exp  you get from all the quests now also contribute to fast advances through the realm.  It's crazy the amount of quest exp a lvl 15 can get with a little help.

SLiDE

◦#683 fire knight -  Currently 7,250 exp. Proposed exp: 15,000. Reason: Medium hp, high physical output and accuracy. Can put out 1000 dmg freak rounds.
◦#685 giant efreeti - Currently 7,000 exp. Proposed exp: 10,000. Reason: High fire damage output, also low spawn rate in a hard-to-reach area - The spawn here needs to be a little better..

Chupon

Monster Exp / Balance Issues

The main issue i have with monster exp is how mod 7 which seemed to be pretty much right where it should be to mod 9 which most monsters are much harder but much less exp.

For example: A stone giant which gives 7500 exp seems about where it should be. Storm giants 9500 exp, they have very high hp so that makes sense as well.

On the other hand, almost everything in blackwood causes horrible status effects. Most of the mobs there can be effectively doubled in exp at least. The only things i wouldn't double would be horned spiders, bone warriors (i do agree with boosting them a little though) and ivory golems(white forest). Everything else (including stitched zombies which explode and split effectively making you rest constantly and taking forever to kill because of splitting, need to be worth much more exp)

The library mobs (swords, books, knights) should almost be worth 2x their current because its a very very hard area and it should be one of the top places to gain exp in the game.

Also monsters that cause very long term uncurable blindness effects should be very highly increased (Dread Planewalkers for example should be at least 10k if not 12k)

Crimson fort mobs are perfectly fine where they are.
Temple of fire mobs all should get an exp boost, especially the crimson priests which are extremely tough and should be 1.5x their current exp amount.
Demonlings= 14k each
Gnaj Golems and zombies 18-20k each
Vampires= 1.5x current rate including 1.5x deathmists

I agree with all of the posts above except the post to lower exp. There is no max level here so why make it take longer, makes sense in normal mud but this is greater mud and when it starts to take 3-4 weeks to level why make it take 3 months. Doesn't seem very fun to me.

y2duhh

so let me get his straight you want to blow through the game with no new content, finish the game in 2 months and then spend the next 3 years walking in the same circle trying to get to level 100 or whatever instead of having to plan each quest accordingly and have a game take a year to complete? Makes perfect sense, no wonder mudders are all geniuses.

Vitoc

Quote from: y2duhh on Jan 23, 2007, 11:22 AM
so let me get his straight you want to blow through the game with no new content, finish the game in 2 months and then spend the next 3 years walking in the same circle trying to get to level 100 or whatever instead of having to plan each quest accordingly and have a game take a year to complete? Makes perfect sense, no wonder mudders are all geniuses.
Easy killer.

Nobody said new content is out the window.  Spellmod and exp changes are just the beginning.

Vile

The fact is storms and especially webbed lair are overpowered areas when you compare them with what is available in the rest of the realm. They should be nerfed.

Vitoc

Quote from: Vile on Jan 23, 2007, 11:55 AM
The fact is storms and especially webbed lair are overpowered areas when you compare them with what is available in the rest of the realm. They should be nerfed.
Totally on the table.  List all the mobs you think should have exp and/or money/item drops decreased.