General game abilities and possible improvements:

Started by The Crazy Animal, Jan 19, 2006, 03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KalEl

One idea My fiance and I were throwing around is on the topic of sys gotos... not knowing whether these will be made available to average players or anything, but we were thinking there should be more then just to towns, but heres the kicker, the ones that don't goto a town like silveremere, rhuduar, khazard, lost city, you would be charged a toll.? That way they arent making the game TOO easy but still give you option of getting around to places like storm mountain without having to walk like 200-300 rooms.? Just a thought.

Also on the specific race quests you were talking about in another forum...

For Half-Ogre - at a higher level you get a quest for an ability to hit the ground and shake the room for a certain about of damage.

For Dark Elves - maybe have something similar to warcraft where when they are in the forest they could hide better or even shapeshift into a tree or something to that effect.

For Dwarf - since they are mostly underground creatures maybe have a burrow ability instead of a sneak or hide.? I know they dont normally have those but it would be cool.

For Human - i know this race is supposed to be like basic everything but maybe at a high lvl get a quest for demi-god which gives you the ability to raise one stat of your choosing to 150 instead of 100.

For Elves - since they are basically known for spellcasting maybe like an uber healing spell or something to that effect.

For Kang - i'm gonna play on an idea I already seen in this forum about natural armour(credit due to the person that posted that)

For Nekojin - have a quest to get the ability to climb walls without ropes because they are a catlike race and should probably have claws maybe scatching bonus when punching for something to laugh at?

For Gaunt - I like the idea already posted on this forum about a resistance to blindness spells

For Gnome - kind of like a wizard knock type ability quest that increases more dynamically your picklocks for a certain number of rounds to pick harder doors

For Goblin - a quest for extra encumberance without raising the strength stat anymore

For Half-Elves - a quest that when completed get extra accuracy when using bows

For Half-Orc - a quest that when completed and grouped with other orcs you get an attack bonus because orcs are basically never seen solo an if they are they are cowards

For Halfling - a quest ability that could be used a certain number of times day that you could "Quick Run" through a room which basically is a greater sneak but can sneak past see hidden enabled monsters.? In a sence running so fast no one could see you.

And another idea dunno if it is possible or making it too easy but numbering rooms like darkwood forest 1, darkwood forest 2 and so on for a group of rooms that are similar.

My fiance said since she is rather new to the game have npc that give hints not in help files.

Also a notice when main bosses will return when you go to their room or maybe a command in their rooms to find out when they regen.? Then you dont have to give them the mud-op power and they would still have to work to get there.?

I know some of this stuff is rather vague but it is more foundations for you to build on then actual ideas I guess.  If you want further interpretations lemme know.

Kal

If Superman is bulletproof, why does he duck when a gun is thrown at him?

DeathCow

Quote from: KalEl on Apr 19, 2006, 11:35 PM
One idea My fiance and I were throwing around is on the topic of sys gotos... not knowing whether these will be made available to average players or anything, but we were thinking there should be more then just to towns, but heres the kicker, the ones that don't goto a town like silveremere, rhuduar, khazard, lost city, you would be charged a toll.  That way they arent making the game TOO easy but still give you option of getting around to places like storm mountain without having to walk like 200-300 rooms.  Just a thought.
This will be done with in game functions such as portals, spells, and horses.

QuoteAlso on the specific race quests you were talking about in another forum...

For Half-Ogre - at a higher level you get a quest for an ability to hit the ground and shake the room for a certain about of damage.

For Dark Elves - maybe have something similar to warcraft where when they are in the forest they could hide better or even shapeshift into a tree or something to that effect.

For Dwarf - since they are mostly underground creatures maybe have a burrow ability instead of a sneak or hide.  I know they dont normally have those but it would be cool.

For Human - i know this race is supposed to be like basic everything but maybe at a high lvl get a quest for demi-god which gives you the ability to raise one stat of your choosing to 150 instead of 100.

For Elves - since they are basically known for spellcasting maybe like an uber healing spell or something to that effect.

For Kang - i'm gonna play on an idea I already seen in this forum about natural armour(credit due to the person that posted that)

For Nekojin - have a quest to get the ability to climb walls without ropes because they are a catlike race and should probably have claws maybe scatching bonus when punching for something to laugh at?

For Gaunt - I like the idea already posted on this forum about a resistance to blindness spells

For Gnome - kind of like a wizard knock type ability quest that increases more dynamically your picklocks for a certain number of rounds to pick harder doors

For Goblin - a quest for extra encumberance without raising the strength stat anymore

For Half-Elves - a quest that when completed get extra accuracy when using bows

For Half-Orc - a quest that when completed and grouped with other orcs you get an attack bonus because orcs are basically never seen solo an if they are they are cowards

For Halfling - a quest ability that could be used a certain number of times day that you could "Quick Run" through a room which basically is a greater sneak but can sneak past see hidden enabled monsters.  In a sence running so fast no one could see you.

:D

And another idea dunno if it is possible or making it too easy but numbering rooms like darkwood forest 1, darkwood forest 2 and so on for a group of rooms that are similar.
I don't think I care for this idea..
My fiance said since she is rather new to the game have npc that give hints not in help files.
:P I'm down with that.
QuoteAlso a notice when main bosses will return when you go to their room or maybe a command in their rooms to find out when they regen.  Then you dont have to give them the mud-op power and they would still have to work to get there. 
Thats a possibility.  Although its probably too abusable.

QuoteI know some of this stuff is rather vague but it is more foundations for you to build on then actual ideas I guess. If you want further interpretations lemme know.
:P thanks.

Kal

Ian

Quote from: DeathCow on Apr 20, 2006, 11:37 PM
One idea My fiance and I were throwing around is on the topic of sys gotos... not knowing whether these will be made available to average players or anything, but we were thinking there should be more then just to towns, but heres the kicker, the ones that don't goto a town like silveremere, rhuduar, khazard, lost city, you would be charged a toll.? That way they arent making the game TOO easy but still give you option of getting around to places like storm mountain without having to walk like 200-300 rooms.? Just a thought.
Yes, definitely need portals.  But either level restrict them, or one better (another rip from Diablo2)... only activate them after they have been visited by the char.  Eg, you must WALK to lost city the first time, go to the portal there and activate it somehow (possibly your char needs to learn the address or some shit).  The portal in Silvermere is already activated/learnt, so now you can warp from Lost City to Silvermere.

I like the system.  And walking sucks
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

Darmius

I love that idea for portals, walking around MMud has become a longer and longer event over the years.  And the vortex was promptly forgotten after mod-2.

DeathCow

Quote from: Ian on Apr 23, 2006, 01:10 AM
Quote from: DeathCow on Apr 20, 2006, 11:37 PM
One idea My fiance and I were throwing around is on the topic of sys gotos... not knowing whether these will be made available to average players or anything, but we were thinking there should be more then just to towns, but heres the kicker, the ones that don't goto a town like silveremere, rhuduar, khazard, lost city, you would be charged a toll.  That way they arent making the game TOO easy but still give you option of getting around to places like storm mountain without having to walk like 200-300 rooms.  Just a thought.
Yes, definitely need portals. But either level restrict them, or one better (another rip from Diablo2)... only activate them after they have been visited by the char. Eg, you must WALK to lost city the first time, go to the portal there and activate it somehow (possibly your char needs to learn the address or some shit). The portal in Silvermere is already activated/learnt, so now you can warp from Lost City to Silvermere.

I like the system. And walking sucks

For the most part I was thinking activation by visiting rather than simply level limits.  Of course, somethings will be quest oriented..but allota stuff is gonna have to be decided as the content takes shape.

Vitoc

IMO, mages should have teleport and mass teleport spells.? I believe other classes should have to pay for the "portal teleporting" at certain locations in the absense of a qualified mage.