Time/Night/Day

Started by The Crazy Animal, Jan 22, 2006, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathCow

I don't like realism for the sake of realism.  Ideas can be grounded in realism, but they need to have a function beyond that.  Playability is the key word here.

Bong

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Jan 25, 2006, 03:25 PM
I don?t know, maybe I just like making people cry but I would rather make them restricted indoors/underground and weakened during the day and only allowed to run loose at night. I think this would really shake thinks up a little while also giving breaks to people between periods of intensity.

I disagree, simply because no one but people who want to role-play (which I have no problem with whatsoever) will select this race. I'm a power gamer....I like to level, get good eq, etc. If I logon during my lunch to find out I can't go kill X mob I've been waiting weeks for because the f'n sun is out, I'm going to type delete.

I'm making an assumption, though, so I guess I'll make another post asking another question so I don't hijack this one.

The Crazy Animal

Sorry I think you got confused somewhere; we were talking about fighting non-player characters not a player selectable race...

The basic idea to clear this up was should a vampire "monster" be restriced to indoor/underground locations dooring the day. I said yes and think that if they were to go outside during the day they should take sun damage further that they should be weaker doing the day and get stronger at night when they can run around outside in the moonlight.

TCA

Ian

Quote from: Valentine on Jan 25, 2006, 04:09 PM
Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Jan 25, 2006, 03:57 PM
Maybe we could have it where you could splash them with a bottle of holy water and they attack if they are a vampire. Or you need to get a special holy relic from a priest or vampire-hunter before you can identify the vampires.

Good thinking...and regular people should get cranky if they have water thrown on them...'cause even non-vampires don't like being doused with water.

Unless it's spring break....and you're 19.
Are you all forgetting your vampire lore?? Nosferatu doesn't have a reflection!? Another use for the glass-mirror off-hand! (and of course some way to check mirror or check reflection, or "point mirror at pale townsman").
Also you could of course attack based on intuition and only get ep's if you were wrong, and that corpse WAS innocent (eg corpse doesn't dissolve to dust like in Buffy).? Heh, evil players could script the town killing everyone and everything, getting 1 exp and lots more ep's for townsppl, but 1000exp and no ep's for vampires.
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!