TGS testing starts this weekend

Started by Vitoc, Sep 21, 2007, 11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

TGS has come along far enough now to where we can start testing it this weekend (assuming my DSL is reconnected by then).  I'll probably go ahead and make the modifications to GMUD to make it work with this new version. 

I'm thinking about resetting the realm.  Any objections?  Please remember our goal as of right now is to test, not who has the highest exp or most badass character.  That will come later. ;)

The Crazy Animal

Note - Vitocs refering to the new version of the TGS... for those who haven't been keeping tabs.

a reset is fine with me just keep the user accounts.

Vitoc

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Sep 21, 2007, 01:46 PM
Note - Vitocs refering to the new version of the TGS... for those who haven't been keeping tabs.

a reset is fine with me just keep the user accounts.
Yeah, thanks for clarifying that.

As for the user accounts, I'll try to migrate them over.

Vitoc

Well that didn't exactly work out as planned.  I got stuck on call last week for work and we had a DOS attack that lasted from 9pm til 5am from Saturday night through Sunday morning, so that pretty much killed my Sunday and any willingness I had to sit in front of a monitor.

The new target is this weekend.

Krusty

still resetting the realm?  I honestly could care less - but my dwarf already has max stats...  <pretend whine>

Vitoc

Quote from: Krusty on Sep 28, 2007, 08:54 AM
still resetting the realm?  I honestly could care less - but my dwarf already has max stats...  <pretend whine>
Yes, we will be resetting the realm.

Are there any bugs or mobs that give crazy amounts of exp we should fix before resetting?  I'd like to simulate a real realm and start getting an idea on balance and that won't happen if people are level 50 in a day or two.

I may not be able to get GMUD hooked up to the new TGS this weekend.  I've got teleconference and an ansi field demo hooked up which I will have up this weekend.  I'd like to get the field system working perfectly before turning to GMUD.  Then I can undo the hack I implemented to allow assigning stats in GMUD and do it the right way.

Krusty

are you asking because I passed everyone so quickly?   ;D  I'mna hate admitting this, but grimmacing bone demons give 16k exp and they're similar in difficulty to the bone golems they're found with.  Honestly, the bone golems I think should be worth more than 150 though because they destroy anything less than chain.  Speaking of monsters absolutely destroying a party, the orcs in the secret sewer entrance of the destroyed place destroy just about any party, plate or not.  I raised a party of 4 50+ before I was able to consistently survive against 4 of them.
The swampy place - shouldn't that place be equal in exp like the misty swamp - like 400-700exp per mob out there?  Those slime dragons are a pain, especially when you hang and the rest of the party kills it, come back in and then drop from that pesky slimer tick thing.  Bleh.
That's all.  I'm not playin' fer a couple of weeks 'cause the script dropped and I'm out of town for two more weeks.  Can't get to the greater-modified mega desktop... good luck with the testing.

Vitoc

Quote from: Krusty on Sep 28, 2007, 06:27 PM
are you asking because I passed everyone so quickly?   ;D  I'mna hate admitting this, but grimmacing bone demons give 16k exp and they're similar in difficulty to the bone golems they're found with.  Honestly, the bone golems I think should be worth more than 150 though because they destroy anything less than chain.  Speaking of monsters absolutely destroying a party, the orcs in the secret sewer entrance of the destroyed place destroy just about any party, plate or not.  I raised a party of 4 50+ before I was able to consistently survive against 4 of them.
The swampy place - shouldn't that place be equal in exp like the misty swamp - like 400-700exp per mob out there?  Those slime dragons are a pain, especially when you hang and the rest of the party kills it, come back in and then drop from that pesky slimer tick thing.  Bleh.
That's all.  I'm not playin' fer a couple of weeks 'cause the script dropped and I'm out of town for two more weeks.  Can't get to the greater-modified mega desktop... good luck with the testing.
Thanks for that info.  It will definitely be helpful in making a few overdue fixes before resetting the realm.

Krusty

knew I'd regret sharing that one...
Are the halfling ninja/aetemas/king gnome guy gonna be killable as well?  I actually was able to drop the ninja, but he gave no exp and no items and regen'd instantly.  I suppose they're part of later quests yet to be determined...

Vitoc

Quote from: Krusty on Sep 28, 2007, 08:36 PM
knew I'd regret sharing that one...
Are the halfling ninja/aetemas/king gnome guy gonna be killable as well?  I actually was able to drop the ninja, but he gave no exp and no items and regen'd instantly.  I suppose they're part of later quests yet to be determined...
DeathCow, you around?

Want to field some of these content issues or at least comment on them?

The Crazy Animal

I haven't seen DC on for eh 10 days... last time I talked to him he was really busy with work stuff.

halfling ninja = I can't remember...
aetemas = were supposed to be fixed. Maybe we screwed up an update or something... hard to tell. I know me and DC talked about them.
king gnome guy = If I remember he's part of a quest.

Most of the area down there was a re-edit of an edited mmud area for high level characters so many of them are very unbalanced.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
The slimer tick thing had a bug for a while where it wouldn't wear off. I'm not sure if thats still active or not. or if it was a engine or content bug. I just can't remember.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

There are still a fair amount of active bugs in GMUD. Most of them don't interfere with play other then that old enc roll over and money roll over bug. Hard to pull off with out cheating but I know its been done by 1 player already.

Krusty

majik gettin' put in any time soon as well?  I'm a caster by trade   ;D

The Crazy Animal

The last plan of action that DC mentioned about magic was to get it working for mages so we could test the textblock structure needed to support the circles of magic idea. After that the content would be worked in for all the rest of the magic classes as their supporting towns start gettling filled in..

Krusty

so you're sayin' I should build a mage... summoner or timelord do the job as well?

The Crazy Animal

well I'm not sure if DC still plans to go that root but the mage/warlock town is the furthest along so I'd expect he is.

So I'd probably go with a mage magic class if your looking for something to test with as far as magic goes.

Timelords even though they are at the moment considered mage magic is really a prestige class that got dropped in. So it probably wouldn't be until all the circle of time magic support goes in that they would really get going in terms of magic.

Summoners simmilarly will have the circle of summoning required in their primary circle slot so similarly the same type of thing applies to them.