TGS testing starts this weekend

Started by Vitoc, Sep 21, 2007, 11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

I got a bunch done this weekend but it's still not quite ready for any meaningful testing.  I think with a night or two spent on it during this week it should be ready.  I had to rewrite how keys were processed and it was no small undertaking.  I'm processing them at the module level rather than at the socket level now.  Previously I was just stacking commands in a socket class based on someone hitting enter and then I added the hack to also allow arrow keys to act as terminating characters at the socket level.  Now filtered key processing (the socket handles IAC and escaping) occurs in the module.  I have a base implementation which should be good for most modules that don't use the concept of "fields" (where you have to move the cursor to predefined fields, like in the stat assignment screen).  This base implementation also has a kind of cool feature allowing you to jump back and forth through recent commands using the up and down arrows which appears to be working well after some very basic testing. 

I'll probably provide the source to the TelnetFieldDemo (in addition to Teleconference) so people can see how to override the base implementation to facilitate using fields in their own modules.

The Crazy Animal

For the lack of a clapping smily I'll just blow up a trex...  :dino:

Vitoc

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Oct 01, 2007, 04:22 PM
For the lack of a clapping smily I'll just blow up a trex...  :dino:
That smiley was made for our realm.

DeathCow

Lol, yeah.  I'm gonna have to put some dinos back into the database just for fun.  I'm actually going camping this weekend so I might only be able to check in with the server on sunday night.  I guess beyond that I could do something...ya'll ready for a database update?

Vitoc

The new TGS is now running on port 24.  I borrowed some pretty much all the look and feel from our old version so it won't look any different than the other version, but behind the scenes it's more robust so people can plug into it easier.  GMUD is not currently running on it yet as I still have to update it to work with the new TGS.  We will be able to reuse the bulk of the code (95%+) so it shouldn't take too long.

Vitoc

I've started plugging GMUD into the new and improved TGS (still running on port 24).  I have the main GMUD menu displaying and character creation working (with a painstakingly detailed recreation of the ansi screen).  Characters don't save however, in fact you get kicked back to the main menu IIRC.  I'll be finishing up the migration of GMUD over the next week or two, switch it over to port 23, then we'll do a full reset and start seriously testing the GMUD engine again.

The Crazy Animal

:quote: :dino: :quote:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Sounds good to me.

DeathCow

Sounds good to me too, this was one of the bigger issues i was having cause before every time i got back into the flow of working on gmud daily you'd get on a "time for a new server" kick. And thus Vitoc is to blame....for everything.  :)