Top command - feature creap :)

Started by The Crazy Animal, Oct 10, 2007, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

I often hate searching to top lists to find myself and other players... this would just make it so much quicker...

Top (player name) - report the given players rank and other info from the list

In my usual fasion I thought of two others that might be useful search tools for that list too.

Top (start,stop) - report a range between start and stop points like: Top 10,20
Top (gang name) - report just the members of that gang in their realm rank order.

Ian

Me likey.  Except you run into probs if you have a gang name and a char with the same name.  If we sort out a foolproof syntax I'm all for it.
Same goes if someone had the smartass idea of making a gang named "10,20" or even a char.
Also might get confused with name/class matching since you can do top witch for witchunter.

Maybe make it top char Ian
Not sure about the gang yet.  Maybe top gangmembers Ian's gang
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: Ian on Oct 11, 2007, 02:47 AM
Me likey.  Except you run into probs if you have a gang name and a char with the same name.  If we sort out a foolproof syntax I'm all for it.
Same goes if someone had the smartass idea of making a gang named "10,20" or even a char.
Also might get confused with name/class matching since you can do top witch for witchunter.

Maybe make it top char Ian
Not sure about the gang yet.  Maybe top gangmembers Ian's gang

Ya
Top Char (playername) would work

For range I'm not sure as it could get confused with ranger. maybe Top nrang (start, stop) would work

Top Gangm (gangname) would probably be the shortest working route...