Restarting the realm with original content on port 23

Started by Vitoc, Feb 29, 2008, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

We will be moving our current realm running the original GMUD content on the standard telnet port (23) to port 2424 this weekend.  In it's place we will be starting a new realm running the original Major MUD content.  All MegaMUD paths and loops should work just as they do in a regular realm.

Here are a few basic rules and conditions:
- This is a free realm.
- You can have one dupe (we may increase this later)
- There are no PvP rules (open game until we implement level limits at which point it will probably be 10)
- Don't go overboard with profanity on public channels (profane character or gang names will not be tolerated)
- No racism or other offensive speech will be tolerated
- Don't go overboard harassing people
- We will deal with issues on a case-by-case basis but we'd like to keep op intervention to a minimum
- Ops will not misuse their powers (sys powers are being logged) or they will lose them on first offense, this is your last warning

Other than the zero-tolerance op rule, failure to follow these rules will result in:
1st offense = Warning
2nd offense = Suspension (time based on severity of offense)
3rd offense =  Character and IP banned permanently, this IP list will be provided to all GMUD realm owners

While we encourage you to be competitive the point of this realm is for testing.  There are no guarantees on how long it will run before being reset.  If I had to guess I'd say it will run for at least a couple months, and if enough people care about their characters it will probably be moved to another port rather than just deleted.  Also, since this is a work in progress, gameplay may change as we add, fix, or remove features.  The content will be 100% stock Major MUD content from the latest version available (p I think?).

Last but not least, have fun everyone!  I hope to chat with you all in game and get your feedback both there and in these forums.

Please report any bugs you find in our Engine bugs section

The Crazy Animal

Sounds like fun... Hopefully we'll get some good test data out of it..

kamel

was just wondering if that bbs ever went up? Tried to log on used greatermud.com port 23 and tried 24 and 2424. Thanks

Vitoc

Quote from: kamel on Mar 01, 2008, 01:02 AM
was just wondering if that bbs ever went up? Tried to log on used greatermud.com port 23 and tried 24 and 2424. Thanks
I'm in the process of moving them around.  They'll both be up by noon PST.

Vitoc

The realms have been moved to their corresponding ports.  We are now running Metro's content on port 23, freshly reset.