Added ability to rate topics in certain forum sections

Started by Vitoc, May 25, 2008, 08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

Hey guys,

After some trial and error (the SMF package system doesn't work worth a damn) I managed to get topic ratings working.  This will be enabled on a few sections where people can rate topics.

Of particular use to me is this system being used in the engine bugs section to prioritize bugs.  So if you get a chance please go through the list of bugs and rate the ones that you think are important highly.  The average of all people's ratings is shown in the index, and I will use that rating to decide which bugs to work on first.

One quick note:
The topic rating in the engine bugs section is to rate how important that bug is, not for the quality of the post.  The higher the average rating for the bug, the sooner we will get to it.  We want everyone to report all bugs, no matter how insignicant they may seem.

The Crazy Animal

This has also been activated in the Idea section too.. I don't think we've had much activity in there in a while but it would be great if people started to rate the ideas so when we do start moving onto version 2. We can have an idea of what people would really like to see.