Starting a second realm this weekend

Started by Vitoc, Jun 24, 2008, 08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winterhawk

I am in favor of whatever takes the least amount of your attention away from fixing bugs and implementing the features not yet in place,...including leaving things the way they are. That being said...a really spiffy feature to put at or near the top of the list would be the limited item tracking and stripping from defunct players and some pvp level restrictions if for no other reason than to limit the obnoxiousness potential of some players. Pvp has a place in the game, and in an ideal setting, I agree, a game can be self regulating in many ways with an evil system in place and some form of down side to performing evil tasks. In the resetting column there is the chance to check all the low level bugs again to see of they are all fixed..on the not resetting side there is the chance to finish testing 5th quests and high level trainers which would take awhile to get back to that point. It may be that as players we have rushed past the low level bugs and overloaded your ability to keep up and you would benefit from a chance to start fresh. I think the end all concern here needs to be what makes it easiest on you to get the work needed be done completed. :)

Gardner Denver

I agree.  What ever gives you the most time for active development & bug fixes is the route we should go.

Artomas

I consider myself a purist of MajorMUD.  However, The only thing Id like to see is the drop rate of so called limited items decrease.   

Yes in the newer MMO scene some of the better items that Bosses drop are as low as 1%.  That would enable and encourage a form of replay-ability.  Theres no guarantee that someone got something on their first try.

With the lower drop rates, Id like to see limited items gone all together.  Who cares if there are 50 ruby necklaces in the game as long as someone or some team took the time to run the mob over and over again with the % to drop being so low. Its sorta rewarding.

That within itself would prolly cut back on PVP cause you know you can always go farm it again.... 

Fermouth

If you got rid of limited items all together and just made them lower drop percentages.  I'm not sure that would cut down on that kind of pvp.  I mean, which is easier?  Farming a monster, as Arto put it, or killing a script or something like that?  Most players simply want the best that they can get.  That's just a thought.  I'm down with whatever everyone else wants.  I don't script too often anymore since my stepdad created the computer be shut down at 8pm rule.  :)  But even so,  items don't make a character.  They're just nice to have.  But yeah, we need some sort of way to track limiteds.  We all have item stashes and some people I'm sure have hid things out in bfe and then quit I'm sure.  Getting rid of the limited item idea I think would be cool, I mean, everyone would have the chance to have the best in the game.  They would just have to fight other characters with regen times and stuff probably.  Or wait their turn I guess.  But yeah, maybe we need a fresh start.  Maybe it'd draw more users.  But we definitely need pvp restrictions.  I've seen many boards go to crap because it's so much fun to bs a lvl 5 guy and kill them 3 or 4 times in one hit.  :)  It's lame, but fun..

Broadcast from Stinkyhaze "please dont take me to the bathroom, will"

MudHunter

If you must leave pvp in (And I think it'll get out of hand. Just think how it would have gone if I hadnt been able to chase the morons away, and they continued to kill scripts just for gear) Here's some suggestions:

-no pvping someone level 5 or lower, just like in majormud.
-5-10 level pvp limit. If this had been in, those weenies couldnt have caused the trouble they did at all.
-STRICT IP WATCHING. no more than 3 accounts total per ip. if caught with more than 3, delete a random one. Dude had at least 4, prolly 6 accounts to molest me with.

That said, I think its a mistakle to have pvp in a beta realm til we're ready to test pvp. pvp in majormud is almost always bad news.

Fermouth

After shaving and thinking.

I think we should get rid of the limited items concept.  It has really hurt the game in my opinion.  If we got rid of the limited items concept.  It'd get rid of hoarding so to speak.  Plus, then pvp would be a matter of skill, and not items.  Which is what it was in the old days.  Well it was both.  But then megamud came along and you didn't really have to play the game anymore.  But what I'm thinking is, have the boss drop the item 100% the first time, and then depending on how useful the item is in the game, make drop percentages accordingly.  Probably have to lower them significantly on some.  But I think I'm game for a restart.  Like winter said.  We'd start fresh and be able to recheck some of the bugs to see if they've been fixed, or if they still need fixing.  
Broadcast from Stinkyhaze "please dont take me to the bathroom, will"