Selling stuff

Started by MudHunter, Jul 07, 2008, 04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MudHunter

Oh! I completly forgot to post this, and assumed someone had. BUt just in case someone didnt....

Selling gear is completly broken. I know that when I sold 2 diamond studded rings (from delf queen chest) I got 6.8 runic for each. This is extreme, but typical of everything. It appears that lims being sold net the most. like you could get a ton of money from skull wand. I know before the reset, I got hag and got like 5 runic from skull wand. This is above and beyond the charisma stuff not being implimented...

Raybdbomb

So to reiterate, charm doesn't factor into buying or selling prices.

I think it's an unimplemented feature atm.

Gardner Denver

Even with 999 charm, a skull wand should only fetch 1,048,000 copper (barely over 1 runic).

Mudhunter is right, something else is going on other than the charm issue I think.

The Crazy Animal

Its probably shop markup... I'm to lazy at the moment to do the math though..

schwagg

It IS shop markup, which explains the prices for the same item being different at different shops.

Vitoc

Is markup not supposed to apply to selling items?

MudHunter

Quote from: Vitoc on Jul 08, 2008, 11:25 AM
Is markup not supposed to apply to selling items?

Pretty sure its not, cuz you shouldnt get 6.8 runic from selling a diamond studded ring...

schwagg

Item sell values are all based (in legit Mud) on the value on the item itself. Shop markup only affects buy prices before the charm stat is figured in, thus why the same items cost different amounts at different shops. Markup merely multiplies that base item value. Having it also affect the sell value definately encourages the selling of limited items at lower levels, but it's still pretty abusable.

schwagg

It might be worth considering taking on the 'appraise' command when Markup/Charm are fixed.

Taint

wow appraise.  I forgot that even exists.