Epic Battles:

Started by The Crazy Animal, Jan 30, 2006, 05:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

Can't wait to get the basics out of the way to start implementing some of these ideas.

As for competition, the competition to write the best scripts back in the pre-Megamud days of 9600 and 14.4k modems was what sucked me in.? There was just something about gaining 2 or 3 levels in a night while most others had to play several hours by hand to accomplish the same.? Of course then MegaMUD came along and just destroyed every other MUD client and script out there, and forever changed the way people play (or don't play) the game.? Sure scripts could (and still do) work better for some tasks, but I give Merlin an enormous amount of respect for creating such a program so long ago, one that's still used by the overwhelming majority of Major Mudders.? Hell, it's one of the main selling points for Greater MUD, and that says something.

DeathCow

The Crazy Animal

grin I learned on a 1200 modem connecting off of my amiga 1000, hehe. I played by hand up untill sometime between mod 2 and 3 was put out.

TCA

DeathCow

I had a modem that you actually took a phone and pluged into it...i think that was 300 baud....Played lord on that puppy...didn't start mudding till i got the to blazing fast 2400.  Which I recall once spending 1 hour to dl'd a 1 meg file...and in the last 20 seconds having someone pick up the phone...laugh...dial up..haha.

The Crazy Animal

Grin, I still have a HP laptop that has an internal 300 baud modem.. Come to think of it I still have my amiga too though...