Upcoming downtime

Started by Vitoc, Aug 26, 2008, 05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

Thanks for everyone's patience for the past few weeks.  We closed on our new house a couple weeks ago and we've been busy scheduling shut off for our utilities here, setting up new utilities for our new home, packing up our stuff, and trying to find a home for our hand-me-down furniture that we won't be taking with us.

We will be leaving for Idaho on Sept. 5th or 6th (depending on how quickly we get our stuff out and get the inspection done).  There will be some brief downtime this weekend when we get rid of the credenza that's been housing our GMUD server and forum server, but they should both be back up within a couple hours.  I won't be doing much coding while my monitors are on the carpet and I don't have a computer chair. ;)

I will probably shut down both servers sometime on Thursday, Sept. 4th so I can finish getting everything packed and ready for the big move.  I hope to have internet set up there by the time we get there, so it's just a matter of changing the DNS to point to my new IP(s) and we should be back up.  I'm hoping to have everything worked out and be back up and running by Sept. 9th, but it may not happen until the weekend of Sept. 13th-14th.  Barring any major disasters, no data will be lost, so you will still have your characters and your forum accounts when we come back online.

Thanks again for your patience.

Gardner Denver

Rut Roh, moving desks and chairs....  Why do I get an uneasy feeling in my stomach when I hear those words.... ;)

Just kidding \/.  I have full faith in your ability to buy extension cords if needed!

MudHunter

Ok. Lets make sure this whole moving a chair thing goes down smoothly. I think we should get a plan in action. I say we use metros plan. so the chair will be moved by christmas. thats not bad.

Colt

Quote from: MudHunter on Aug 29, 2008, 04:40 PM
Ok. Lets make sure this whole moving a chair thing goes down smoothly. I think we should get a plan in action. I say we use metros plan. so the chair will be moved by christmas. thats not bad.
Then we will have to decide on which Christmas we will move it. I vote for 2009
Mistic ToeThumper
Colt ToeThumper
galaxybbs.dynalias.com

Vitoc

Someone is coming to pick up the chair today.

However, sadly, the desk is still looking for a home.  The fate of v1.0 lies in the balance.  Now I understand what you are going through Metro.  I completely understand the complications associated with moving office furniture around and sympathize with you.  Perhaps we can start working together and coordinate the release of mod 10 and GreaterMUD together?

Gardner Denver

I got a phone call from Shannon today.  She said she'd be happy to join forces with the Greatermud team and work on a joint development project.  She said that she would schedule some time to call a meeting to discuss the possibility of making some time available to study your suggestion just as soon as she can find her appointment book, which was last seen in the chair.