Message Center and Post Office and similar functions:

Started by The Crazy Animal, Jan 31, 2006, 12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

During the brief beta test tonight, I realized that while moving away from the worldgroups bbs platform we are loosing a few things that people used from time to time that we might be better off keeping around.

Connected Members:
One thing I noticed there is no way to see who?s online but not in the realm

Chatroom:
I thought it might be interesting to have a chat window outside of the game that would let you communicate with players in the realm

Mail:
I think this would be a useful feature to keep basic mail function could be done in game or out. If in the game maybe a post office like room that makes you exit the game similar to training while you read your mail. However, I think you should be able to read and send it from outside the game as well. Even better would be to have it send mail to your own email address but that might be pushing it.

Paging:
Lots of people make use of the paging system to communicate to friends while waiting for their friends to rescue them in difficult situations. I think this would probably be the biggest complaint if this weren?t included.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

TCA

DeathCow

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Jan 31, 2006, 12:30 AM
During the brief beta test tonight, I realized that while moving away from the worldgroups bbs platform we are loosing a few things that people used from time to time that we might be better off keeping around.

Connected Members:
One thing I noticed there is no way to see who?s online but not in the realm

Chatroom:
I thought it might be interesting to have a chat window outside of the game that would let you communicate with players in the realm

Mail:
I think this would be a useful feature to keep basic mail function could be done in game or out. If in the game maybe a post office like room that makes you exit the game similar to training while you read your mail. However, I think you should be able to read and send it from outside the game as well. Even better would be to have it send mail to your own email address but that might be pushing it.

Paging:
Lots of people make use of the paging system to communicate to friends while waiting for their friends to rescue them in difficult situations. I think this would probably be the biggest complaint if this weren?t included.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

TCA

Already in the plans...
earlier tonight.
21:07] Vitoc: I just added a "bbs" type login system
[21:07] Vitoc: so we could run several different modules on one board
[21:08] Vitoc: instead of logging in and boom, you're in mud
[21:08] DeathCow: I'll bring my laptop with me to the bar..its a coffee shop/bar..they gotta have wifi.
[21:08] DeathCow: an out of game chat client isnt a bad plan
[21:08] Vitoc: teleconference!!!
[21:08] Vitoc: hehe
[21:08] DeathCow: yeah
[21:08] DeathCow: something like that
[21:09] DeathCow: someone said we should use rip graphics..i couldn't figure out how to kill them
[21:09] Vitoc: you know after we conquer Major MUD I'm taking down Trade Wars
[21:09] Vitoc: lol
[21:09] Vitoc: oh god no ripterm

The Crazy Animal

Hey sounds good to me.

lol I can see it now "GREATERWARS" I think the only thing I didn't like in that game was the limited turns..

TCA

lumikant

I have like, a folder of ideas for a tradewars remake, and even coded on partially in perl.