Warp Potions

Started by Jigga, Apr 29, 2009, 03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigga

A cool item to add would be some type of return potion, maybe one that when used teleports you back to Silvermere.  Maybe have different towns and certain NPC's out in the middle of no where that gives you an item that will warp you back to them or something. You could maybe have certain ones be a reward for a small quest that would be repeatable to get more. Or have some be really expensive, another way to help out the economy problems.
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

DeathCow

Quote from: UtopiaBBS on Apr 29, 2009, 03:18 PM
A cool item to add would be some type of return potion, maybe one that when used teleports you back to Silvermere.  Maybe have different towns and certain NPC's out in the middle of no where that gives you an item that will warp you back to them or something. You could maybe have certain ones be a reward for a small quest that would be repeatable to get more. Or have some be really expensive, another way to help out the economy problems.

Recall potions are a really popular addon for alot of editted bbses.  I don't know what the right way to add them to mmud is, but it hasnt been discovered yet.  How should it work?  It doesnt have to be within the confines of the MMUD system.  We can do pretty much anything.  How should they be limited?  Should only the rich have them?  Should they be limited by distance? level? int? str? Should they be quest items? should the quests be worked over so they are hand playable only?

Trios

Quote from: DeathCow on Apr 29, 2009, 06:41 PM
Recall potions are a really popular addon for alot of editted bbses.  I don't know what the right way to add them to mmud is, but it hasnt been discovered yet.  How should it work?  It doesnt have to be within the confines of the MMUD system.  We can do pretty much anything.  How should they be limited?  Should only the rich have them?  Should they be limited by distance? level? int? str? Should they be quest items? should the quests be worked over so they are hand playable only?

This is one idea I really like, and would make sys goto a little less of 'I have to have when playing' sort of thing.

I really like the idea of having to do something in order to get this item. A quest for a Silvermere recall potion, probably involving doing some good and/or killing some bad. In Rhudaur, they should drop at a really low rate off the dread mystic, giving people a reason to kill him again after feather quest. In Khazarad, I think that it should be a reward for something along the lines of a lot of mining, or maybe going somewhere VERY dangerous, mining a certain special ore, and then collecting components to make a new weapon for Champion Gudruk (redoing this quest, you get the weapon). I don't really know what you should have to do for the Lost city to get your recall item, but it should be possible. Dark-elf queen should drop one that puts you in the center of the delf city, and maybe a very limited regen in the slimy shopkeeper's store for them at outrageous prices.

I think these items should work similarly to the hearthstones in WoW, but you should be able to hold multiple recall items, and use them once every (insert time interval here). Considering how MMUD works, every 4 hours would probably be about right. I don't think they should be potions that poof, or at least not in every case (items that drop from bosses should poof IMHO, but you still can't use another for x period of time).

Darmius

I like the idea of the WoW hearthstone. You could do a complete rip-off of the idea. Attune your stone at certain inns around the world so you can quickly port to where ever you are attuned. Make it cost money to attune (money sink). A a quest to receive the stone, then little sub quests at each attunement point to allow the player to attune to that spot.

Another idea is to go with mage portals or a variation.  Kind of like the current vortexes, but more along the idea of the Ultima series moon gates.  But use a consumable item to open the gate. Or a quest to obtain an item that will allow the player to open the gate, or use it to go to certain end points.