Greetings and Salutations

Started by Rhinehold, Jul 20, 2009, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhinehold

GreaterMUD dev team!

I nearly soiled myself with elation upon seeing this project not only still running, but seemingly, picking up steam!  I have LONG been a fan of MajorMUD, and still to this day, con my friend into firing up his board so I can dink around for a few months.  This game truly helped to bridge the gap between Pen & Paper style DnD games, with the new world...... of warcraft.....  All puns intended.  I won't drone on about how much this game means to mean, and why, because you don't care, and I know you don't care.  You probably don't even care about this paragraph at this point....

SO, I just wanted to stop by and show my support.

After a long chat with Gardner Denver, I wanted to bring some additional enthusiasm-pies, well-wishing-tarts, and hearty-back-patting-ice-cream puns.

Additionally I will say this.  I can't code to save my life, but I CAN write. I would very much like to offer my services, which are intended to be two fold.

1. New Content for GreaterMUD, once the engine and server minutia are all sorted out.
2. Should someone decide they would like to create a new update MajorMUD file, which helps to refine all those pesky annoying parts of the original game.... purely for testing purposes of course, I would be VERY interested in that as well.  I have much input on content improvement, and even extension/continuation, of the old story line.... purely for testing purposes of course.

(this numbered list provided for Denver, as he seems to mostly talk with them....)  ;-)

I wish you all the best in your "hobby" endeavors and want to assure you that, your work on this project is GreaterMUDly appreciated..... Turbo Puns!

Cheers,

-Duke Rhinehold
Warlock for life.

P.S. Welcome back Merlin!

Feetprints

Turbo puns? They go well with my 400 BABIES.
Where'd you mud before?
Ariel gossips: my tits just grew :(

Rhinehold

A little of everywhere.

I was inducted into MUD on the Cherrlyand Online BBS in Michigan.  I then played hacked MUDs on and off for the rest of the time.  I have played on my friends private board, Raybdbomb's board(Raymud?), Sinister Urge, and the list goes on and on.

This game truly is amazing, and still holds up as robust.  I hope to some day play a GreaterMUD version of MajorMUD, with a few enhancements ;-)  I would like to see a MOSTLY unedited board, where just the silly things are taken out or edited for ease of use. 

Needless-to-say, my many hours of playing in in and around the town of Silvermere have given a profound respect for imaginative gaming.

Cheers,

-Duke Rhinehold