Corpse Chests

Started by Rhinehold, Jul 27, 2009, 11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhinehold

I think we can all agree that death piles are old and antiquated.  Any chance upon death, a corpse is created that acts like a chest?

Rhinehold has died.
Corpse of Rhinehold appears.

Also here: Corpse of Rhinehold

g corpse
You pick up Corpse of Rhinehold
open corpse
***bam everything is in your inventory, no mess, no fuss

OR

open corpse / use corpse?
***all items are there on the ground --- I like this idea a lot less.

The Crazy Animal

I wouldn't mind seeing something like this go in though the corpse would have to have enc = to all the gear. And for those non-pvp boards there should be an option to make them gettable by only the player that dropped it.

On a side not Rob Corpse would be cool too i/e makes it a little slower to harvest all of someones gear...

Feetprints

I think the corpse should explode and not only deal damage to everyone in the room, but spread gear out across 4-5 rooms near by.  O0
Ariel gossips: my tits just grew :(

Rhinehold

You have died.
You left behind a corpse.

get corpse

-You may not do that, this corpse is not yours!
or
-The gods prevent you from touching this corpse!
or
-You do not want to carry this corpse around, perhaps you could rummage through the dead body.

You pick up Corpse of Rhinehold

open corpse

You open Corpse of Rhinehold taking all the contents.

What this would allow is for everything to be all in one place, and limiteds wouldn't be auto grabbed by someone elses script, or not visible/attainable by anyone else.  This would go a LONG way to fixing the DP raiding aspect of the game.

Cheers,

-DR

geeogree

that would make PVP uselss....

it might be an option for a non-pvp board, but would make no sense otherwise.

DeathCow

Rhinehold

it wouldn't make pvp useless because you could still get everything that is dropped.  You would just have to get the corpse or just open it, like a chest.

the whole corpse thing is about having oodles of items spread through out 3 rooms, that get picked up by scripts.

-DR

DeathCow

Unless this idea can be developed into something less, silly, it isn't going to happen.  I can't see any real need for it.  We've already made plans for handling dp raiding on non-pvp boards anyway.

Feetprints

Quote from: DeathCow on Aug 17, 2009, 03:11 PM
Unless this idea can be developed into something less, silly, it isn't going to happen.  I can't see any real need for it.  We've already made plans for handling dp raiding on non-pvp boards anyway.
Death by unga-bunga?  :o

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: DeathCow on Aug 16, 2009, 09:07 AM
Its really morbid.

Rob Corpse

You reach inside the Corpse of Rhinehold and pull out some treasue!

hehe

Oh come on DC this is perfectly good humor wise for a mud game...

I don't really see this being useless. There could even be a setable corpse decay timer on the corpse so that items wouldn't get locked up on non-pvp boards. Which is much fairer and fully automated way of dealing with the dp issue then simply saying no death pile raiding. And making the ops deal with it later.

As far as pvp being affected you could have a simple command like plunder <Corpse Name> to spill everything onto the ground. Rather then picking it up and openning it like a normal chest. The chest option really would make it easier to return someones gear to them though rather then typing out a list of 20 or so items you just have one.

as far as them exploding for dmg thats kind of just off the mark...

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Rhinehold on Aug 17, 2009, 02:47 PM
the whole corpse thing is about having oodles of items spread through out 3 rooms, that get picked up by scripts.

No matter how much gear you carry, you die in GM, it hits the ground in one room and stays put.  We don't do spill over.

Rhinehold

No max number of items to a room?  That's interesting.

I still like the idea of corpses though.  They can be opened or robbed by anyone if you like, I just feel it would help with many issues, that have been stated here several times.

My vote = yes. ;-)

-DR

Darmius

Corpse chests are actually a very good idea imo.

Benifits -
On non-pvp boards you can set them to no-loot.
On pvp boards you could have a threshold for amount of items droped.  ex: Also here: Corpse of Darmius, Plate Gauntlets. You can take the gauntlets but nothing else on the corpse.
When you die as a group and come back you will be able to get your stuff. ex: get all from corpse of darmius.  No more figuring who has what.
You could carry the corpse back to town instead of hauling all the gear. How much fun is it to type drop <item> 20 times?
Allow the player to bring the corpse to the temple and pay the bishop to regain their lost life. Priest/Cleric could do the same in the field, no more cheesy buying lives from an Op
This leads to a mechanic for resurrect spells. ex: cast resr corpse of darmius.  summon the person back to the spot, i think the reason people hang 90% of the time is fear of dying and running back naked.

You say that there are no limits on items in rooms... this sounds like it has the potential to be abused. I can see walking into a room and having 3 pages of spam 'cause someone wanted to be funny.  think of the graveyards and digging... that's a lot of crap.

Feetprints

Quote from: Darmius on Aug 26, 2009, 04:14 AM

You say that there are no limits on items in rooms... this sounds like it has the potential to be abused. I can see walking into a room and having 3 pages of spam 'cause someone wanted to be funny.  think of the graveyards and digging... that's a lot of crap.

thanks for the idea  O0

Gardner Denver

g corpse of Rhinehold
sys go support
drop corpse of Rhinehold
sys go silvermere
gos Body?  What body?