Portals / Way Points

Started by Rhinehold, Jul 27, 2009, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhinehold

I think we can all agree that walking 600 paces anywhere sucks ass. 

Something I really liked about Diablo 2 was the Way point system.  Once you "discovered" a way point, you could then go back and fourth.  This seems like it would be easy to do with a "portal room" that blocked your entrance until the game flagged you as having entered the room the portal exited to.

Thoughts?

Gardner Denver

Easy enough to do I suppose.  Wouldn't be a bad idea so long as you didn't go wild with the locations you could teleport to.

DeathCow

Rhinehold

as in you are just not interested in having a quicker route to those far away destinations that are 30 minutes or more of just walking? ;-)

-DR

DeathCow

There are portals already in place, and short cuts already in place. Most players just don't use them, because megamud doesnt know the routes.

kalus

DeathCow

Rhinehold

I don't have any problem using the Negative Power Plain, except for having to go through the black wastelands and playing with the Lord of the Hunt.....

If there would be a way we could make the NPP easier to use/access

DeathCow

Wait what, the loth is up? MINE.

Rhinehold

sure, a side from the terror beasts, nexus hunters, and behemoths.

Silas

I think Metro had it right the first time making shortcuts dangerous. It goes in par with the high risk high payout part of.. anything fun.

DeathCow

I like most of the short cuts in the game.  I don't care for some of them like the old mines and fungus tunnels.

Hydroponic

Wasn't the obsidian obelisk supposed to eventually be used for some kind of teleport system?

Hydro

DeathCow

Oh yeah..that needs to be worked on a bit..so the talismen doesnt explode