Race-Only items / areas

Started by Jigga, Sep 16, 2009, 04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jigga

I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'd like to see some RACE-ONLY items...

Or even a hostile / non-hostile area depending on your race.

Maybe an area that is only hostile against a certrain race... i.e. elves and dwarves don't get along so if you're one or the other they're going to attack you.

There could even be different levels of hostility. Like say you're in an area that is hostile to dwarves and full of elves. If you have an elf in your party they will let the dwarf be allowed in with you. Other areas might not let the elf in if the dwarf is with him, or might attack both of them if they are together, etc...

Race specific items could make for more interesting character combiniations.
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

Grim

I could see this as working out, wouldn't be much of a difference between this and the class-specific items, IMO.

DeathCow

Quote from: UtopiaBBS on Sep 16, 2009, 04:08 AM
I'm sure this has been brought up before but I'd like to see some RACE-ONLY items...

Or even a hostile / non-hostile area depending on your race.

Maybe an area that is only hostile against a certrain race... i.e. elves and dwarves don't get along so if you're one or the other they're going to attack you.

There could even be different levels of hostility. Like say you're in an area that is hostile to dwarves and full of elves. If you have an elf in your party they will let the dwarf be allowed in with you. Other areas might not let the elf in if the dwarf is with him, or might attack both of them if they are together, etc...

Race specific items could make for more interesting character combiniations.

I was playing around with an elf paladin only item, and it was kinda cool.  It was a really over powered item, but in the hands of an elf paladin didnt make for all that exciting of a paladin, but I was still a decent character.  So yeah I was a fan.

The Crazy Animal

DC knows I'm a big fan of locked specialized content. I've brought it up a number of times even to the point of using character creation dates and name numerology. Anything that creates ways of hiding content for chance finds by players I'm all for. I think it really helps keep the game content newer for longer for the players...

Silas

My name is Silas Weatherall and I approve of this message.