Character Titles

Started by Gardner Denver, Oct 09, 2009, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardner Denver

If we don't change anything else, please GOD get away from the current craptastic system of storing titles and move it into it's own table in the DB

Silas

I think titles for the classes are automatic, and that is wrong. The only automatic title for a class is the class name, ie. Warrior.  I think titles should have a certain purpose, maybe like a designator for a certain build. A Ninja could be a manhunter (+3 crits) a nightblade (+5 acc) or a blahblah (+5 dodge). That would add a sense of priority to the person, as there character isn't just a ninja anymore, it had been worked on and achieved soandso status.

Gardner Denver

The method that WCC used to store the titles is crap.  We can and should do better.  And if we can improve the rest of the system along the way that's great too :)

DeathCow

I don't really see anything wrong with how he class titles are stored.  Its just using what you have in creative ways.  But..speaking of titles..it might be nice to add some titles, and extend beyond level 75.

Silas

Remember that DC has a coder's point of view, and anything that requires much work is initially (at least) frowned upon. However, that shouldn't take away from it as he is usually right.

Rhinehold

Grand Master?  or Legend? 

-DR

DeathCow

I was
Quote from: Rhinehold on Oct 11, 2009, 12:31 AM
Grand Master?  or Legend? 

-DR

Grandmaster, a legend could easily be used, but I was thinking it might be nice to add 5-10 titles per class to the list.

Rhinehold

Quote from: DeathCow on Oct 11, 2009, 08:31 AM
I was
Grandmaster, a legend could easily be used, but I was thinking it might be nice to add 5-10 titles per class to the list.

I'm just saying that the my suggestion for the top three slots be:

1. Legend
2. Grand Master
3. Master

But I suppose you could be a master of something but not necessarily receive the same respect as some other title as designation within your order.  I consider myself a master at what I do, but that doesn't mean I have a lot of responsibility, huge pay check, or the notoriety for anyone to care.

-DR