MMud updaing

Started by banjaxster, Oct 10, 2009, 01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

banjaxster

I heard that someone or a group of people were working on MMUD trying to complete mod 10.
If this is true has anyone heard how it's proceeding ?
CedarValley BBS online since 10-01-1998 non pvp
CedarNet BBS online since 10-24-2005 non PVP

DeathCow

We've nearly completed the outlining for quests, i've completed several non-quest essiencial areas, Also I plan to butcher several of the areas that are developed for another mapset, but I'll rework what needs to be reworked.  I've sorted through the pool of item and spell ideas...also started work on mystic and witchunter item sets.  The map is pretty much set in stone, with alterations being made for additional scripting areas.  I need to decide amongst on several higher level items.  I'm also planning on running an experiment on thieves.

Vitoc

Cool stuff, DC.

Hell, I might actually start playing again. ;)

Grim

MOD 10! Will thieves be allowed to rob then? :)

Gardner Denver

DeathCow

Speaking of the rob command, if no work has been done on it yet, maybe we should re-invent the command a bit?

Hydroponic

like make it work how it was meant to? like being able to rob a specific item?

Gardner Denver

I have no objection to doing out own version of the command at all.

Vitoc

Sounds good to me.  Just let me know how we want it to work and I can whip something up in an hour or two.

Grim

You should be able to take any item on the character's equipped slots. Like if I looked at you and saw you had an emerald-hilted rapier, i could rob you of that item.

Basic example:

Town Square
This place is blah, blah...
Also here: Victim
l victim
(Insert character description here...)

emerald-hilted rapier (Weapon hand)
black and white serpent ring (Finger)

(so on and so fourth..)

steal victim emerald-hilted rapier

Attempting to steal.....

You successfully stole Victim's emerald-hilted rapier!

OR:

You failed to steal Victim's emerald-hilted rapier.

Of course the messages and commands are up to you guys but this is just a basic example.

MudHunter

I dont think you should be able to rob an equiped item. if its in their hand, how exactly do you rob it? even more so, how could you rob someone of, say, a torso item? Pull it off them? Robbing non-equiped items makes alot more sense.