Upcoming downtime - 11/7/2009 10am MST

Started by Vitoc, Nov 04, 2009, 02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

Our main box that hosts the realms is making noises it ought not be and I suspect the HD might be on its last leg.  It has been spinnning non-stop while persisting updates every minute of every hour of every day for the past 4 years or so, with almost no breaks, so I guess I can't complain.

I have another brand new HD sitting around (for just this case) which I plan to install this weekend.  I'll have to install Windows, SQL, all the updates, .NET, etc. and get the databases migrated so there will probably be at least a few hours of downtime starting at around 10am MST on Saturday.

If she blows before then I will try to get all this done ASAP.

Vitoc

The noise has literally become unbearable.  Sorry, but I have to shut it down after this backup completes in about 5 minutes.

I'll work on getting the realms back up tonight.  Worst case scenario, I'll host them on my dev box.

DeathCow

Thats the worst?  Come'on you can do better.

Gardner Denver

How about "Worst case we host them on a 8088 with 640k RAM using 2400 baud dialup NetZero internet" ;)

Rhinehold

so what you are saying is, it would be like the olden days.  can you find some way of preventing the use of megamud too? ;-)

-DR

DeathCow

Preventing the use of megamud is super easy, just take out the anti-script coding that it relies on :P

Rhinehold

we're going back Back BACK in time!   O0

-DR