Rules need an update to reflect how the realm is run.

Started by Thergin, Dec 22, 2009, 09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thergin

Quote from: Vitoc on Dec 23, 2009, 02:43 PM
I'm a little out of the loop as I haven't been in the realm much, so please forgive my ignorance here.  When you say "reinfoforcements came" what do you mean?  Someone else came to protect him?  When you say "reinstated back into the game", what do you mean?  Was he banned?  How was he "reinstated"?  Just trying to get my information straight before passing judgment.

Reinforcements was refering to in game friends, such as thumper, sry etc not op /sysop intervention. It was a long time ago as well just using it as  an example.

Reinstated means restored from multiple rerolls by Gardner. Nod, and I was not going to mention names, threw himself at our gang members at the earthen tomb and died, saying he was bored with the character, wanted to reroll anyway, that he doesnt get caged no matter what, you cant hold me down here. Then rerolled a few more times, started page bombing, gang members effecting there script, and hanging gang members with it.

We haven't yet gotten to reworking the law/alignment system, but it is something I really want to do.  As for page bombing, yeah, that's pretty shitty.  I need to implement something into TGS to prevent that.
How do they have unlimited lives?"

Unlimited lives is not a bug in the engine, it was the unknown stance of Gardner in reference to PVP character not being able to die out of the game if they so choose it, he will give them lives to help them.

I'm trying to understand what the actual problem is here.  Is it that lives are being handed out in the pvp realm?  Again, just trying to get the facts straight before passing judgment or making any decisions.

Lives have always been given out, and I think Gardner does a great and fair job in doing so on most occasions, for example I have received a life when I was evil and went through Khaz and got ripped by the guards there. Anything bug related is fair. Its just there are grey areas, and like some people have said any spells technically are bugs since the MR is not fully implemented, but thats the same for everyone, and mostly thats not a big issues, as hold can be broken with freedom, cure para, or diamond-studded ring etc. Should they receive a life from pvp involving any spell?

Sleep is what is over powered, I personally have not been effected by it thankfully when I attacked lotus he died before he could blink.

Thanks Vitoc the the massive work you have done on the engine, Some people might feel its going slow but I think its going quick, anything is better then what has been done by metro, and before. only a small number of you are putting in most of the effort, please dont feel bad that you didnt implament /page off or anything like that. Its up to use mature beta testers not to exploit unfinished work to our own selfish needs.

In reply to the person wanting to know what rules changes, well just remove the Op wont give lives, or amend it to reflect what is happening.

schwagg

The issue causing sleep to glitch is not the spell itself. It's larger than that. Sleep isn't the worst case scenario.

SluTFisHy

Listen peeps, *I INSULT PEOPLE*, thats what I do.

So when I respond to a forum, I insult people equally, I dont descriminate.

It's just me adding salt and pepper to a conversation.

Don't take anything to heart. Nubs.

Jacknife

Maybe you admins should start up another pvp realm. Leave the current one in tact, and have the 3rd realm be a "no moderator" realm. People would report bugs when they got killed with one, and maybe a moderator could look at it, but there would be no interference whatsoever.

Gardner Denver

From the very last line of the rules that has so often been quoted in this post
Quote from: Gardner Denver on Sep 02, 2009, 04:39 AM
These rules are subject to change as deemed necessary by the Developers in order to insure that the testing continues in a smooth and orderly fashion.

MudHunter

Quote from: schwagg on Dec 23, 2009, 08:56 PM
The issue causing sleep to glitch is not the spell itself. It's larger than that. Sleep isn't the worst case scenario.

qft.

Just be lucky that Lutus and I have some restraint. I could easily roll everyone in the realm. Seriously. There's alot of bugs.

That said, stop fuckin whining. Christ almighty on a pogostick.

Yes, MR isnt fully implimented. This is a beta realm. Y'all are the perfect reason why most pvp realms have like 5 people. and the Non-Pvp ones have 40. Why would you want to reroll someone? on a beta realm. Yea yeah, yer balls are THIS big and all that. but really. Our job is to find and report bugs, and move on. Not to bitch because someone didnt get rerolled like you wanted, or that someone got a life that you dont think they shoulda gotten. For fucks sake, man. My kids whine less than you people do.

BTW, nobody gets banned for 'bug abuse' here. Otherwise all you abuses and your goru heads woulda all been banned, eh?

I love playing iin the pvp realm. the gossips are vastly more entertaining than on the non-pvp realm, but come on. Perspective, people. Its not only just a game, ITS BETA. Sheesh. I can imagine the bitching you people woulda done before some of the insane bugs were fixed... LIke someone being able to stack fren on top of fren on top of fren, having 5000 avg rounds. You might have had a stroke.

And as Mackerel said, you havent even SEEN the carnage that one could do using a couple 'bugs' together. I dont think anyone but mebbe him and me know about it on the pvp realm. *I* wont use it, and he wont either. but I can just imagine the whining then.

spit.

Excarkun

Quote from: MudHunter on Dec 23, 2009, 09:37 PM
qft.

Just be lucky that Lutus and I have some restraint. I could easily roll everyone in the realm. Seriously. There's alot of bugs.

That said, stop fuckin whining. Christ almighty on a pogostick.

Yes, MR isnt fully implimented. This is a beta realm. Y'all are the perfect reason why most pvp realms have like 5 people. and the Non-Pvp ones have 40. Why would you want to reroll someone? on a beta realm. Yea yeah, yer balls are THIS big and all that. but really. Our job is to find and report bugs, and move on. Not to bitch because someone didnt get rerolled like you wanted, or that someone got a life that you dont think they shoulda gotten. For fucks sake, man. My kids whine less than you people do.

BTW, nobody gets banned for 'bug abuse' here. Otherwise all you abuses and your goru heads woulda all been banned, eh?

I love playing iin the pvp realm. the gossips are vastly more entertaining than on the non-pvp realm, but come on. Perspective, people. Its not only just a game, ITS BETA. Sheesh. I can imagine the bitching you people woulda done before some of the insane bugs were fixed... LIke someone being able to stack fren on top of fren on top of fren, having 5000 avg rounds. You might have had a stroke.

And as Mackerel said, you havent even SEEN the carnage that one could do using a couple 'bugs' together. I dont think anyone but mebbe him and me know about it on the pvp realm. *I* wont use it, and he wont either. but I can just imagine the whining then.

spit.
Wow first Mudhunter what pvp muds have u been on that has a few players on it.. have u been to evermud utopia?  I can also show u non-pvp muds with just as many active players.. entconn-entmudd Exampls..yea i got acts there DEAD..and boring. And Stop please stop with your CRying of others just wanting to pvp..I mean really are u helping matters.. are u even coming up with solutions other then Crying about others not happy about what just transpired in pvp-mud the past few days?   ;D

Regardless that it a *beta* it still Advertised as a PVP realm  so the standard was expected.. Including camping/re-rolling and rolling in groups to pvp players it part of pvp. The ones that don't get that and  whine about it and die well should go back to non-pvp.  

Now to what I believe to be the Main problem here the MR issue.. yea we all understand it's buggy/not totally implemented. And if your telling me that the Mage has even more bugs to that class or there others classes , that can be used to roll everyone in the pvp realm.  Then they need in anyway be dealt with and Now.
And  I mean by maybe disabling that spell altogether or spells.  Because once someone finds out how to do those bugs it's going to be used to pvp with guarantee it.  Just like sleep was which now I'm hearing is little compared what can be done.  

Also just like thergard  mentions,  I agree on  99% of the time with Gardner's  mud-oping and giving out lives for bugs.  I don't feel that this should be a thread to attack Gardner, but to address pvp in muds re-rolling and the MR issues and how can they be stopped from being abused till it's Properly implemented. Can the spells that can be used to over power others be disabled? would it be fair?
Can other spells be fixed  to even the playing field?  like wcur are there others?  ??? ??? ???
I would hate to re-roll myself to just have the overpowering mage or whatever class to be able to survive in this pvp-mud.

just my thoughts, and questions hopefully they help.. O0

Puke. :P

Thergin

The main purpose of this thread is so others dont get misled, and the rules get updated to reflect how the server is being run. I have no problem with that, and as said Gardner does a great job. Just change No lives to be given out by OP, and its fine. Just wish it was like that from the beginning.

Ariel

For the first time, I actually agreed with MudHunter. If one gets banned for bug abuse, half the players on the pvp realm would be banned.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Thergin on Dec 23, 2009, 10:46 PM
The main purpose of this thread is so others dont get misled, and the rules get updated to reflect how the server is being run. I have no problem with that, and as said Gardner does a great job. Just change No lives to be given out by OP, and its fine. Just wish it was like that from the beginning.

The original plan was not to do so.  Then I saw all the different bugs in pvp, from broken spells, to broken alignment system, to broken MR, and a few other issues we were not sure how they were going to turn out.  The ads I posted on various forums were clear that we wanted people to help TEST.  We know that rerolling works just fine, and have no need to have that tested over and over.

If you truely want a non op interferance realm then I will be happy to give you just that.  I will stop handing out GJRs, I will no longer assist on dp recovery, I will answer no questions about game play, I will no longer strip inactive players, enforce the dupes rule, or keep gang houses in the hands of active gangs.  I will log off that realm and any bugs that need to be reported can be posted in the forums.  

When it gets down to only a couple of mages left, which I predict will take exactly 2 weeks if Lotus & Xanchiti team up, we'll reset the realm and start over with the testing.

I honestly do not believe this is what any of us want to happen.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who disagree with the decision to restore Nod.  Not 8 hours before he was rolled however I had stated, very clearly, to Shrek that I did NOT want players rolled out of this game right now.  When I woke up after that conversation, Nod had been rolled out.  I made him roll back into what he was, and I gave him back most of the exp that he had lost.  I gave him no items or cash, nor did I ask TTG to return the items they took from him.  The only comment I made was that I was not happy it had happened.

Under no circumstances will I ask that other spells be made more powerful to combat a spell that causes a problem.  You do not fix a bug by creating more bugs.  Excarkun that issue is dead, over, done, not up for discussion.  Do not bring it up again.  We will fix the cause of the problem as soon as we're able to do so.  In the mean time, I will prevent people from being rolled by these bugs using all the tools at my disposal.

Once the combat, alignment/ep  & spell systems are more stable and balanced in the pvp realm I will back out and you can have at each other as much as you like.

Excarkun

Quote from: Excarkun on Dec 23, 2009, 10:34 PM
Also just like thergard  mentions,  I agree on  99% of the time with Gardner's  mud-oping and giving out lives for bugs.  I don't feel that this should be a thread to attack Gardner, but to address pvp in muds re-rolling and the MR issues and how can they be stopped from being abused till it's Properly implemented. Can the spells that can be used to over power others be disabled? would it be fair?
Can other spells be fixed  to even the playing field?  like wcur are there others?  ??? ??? ???
I would hate to re-roll myself to just have the overpowering mage or whatever class to be able to survive in this pvp-mud.
just my thoughts, and questions hopefully they help.. O0
Quote from: Gardner Denver on Dec 23, 2009, 11:32 PM
Under no circumstances will I ask that other spells be made more powerful to combat a spell that causes a problem.  You do not fix a bug by creating more bugs.  Excarkun that issue is dead, over, done, not up for discussion.  Do not bring it up again.  We will fix the cause of the problem as soon as we're able to do so.  In the mean time, I will prevent people from being rolled by these bugs using all the tools at my disposal.
Were did i state that ???  Maybe i was not to clear it was only a suggestion to help balance the game which is now clearly not balanced . I KNOW its beta but was HOPING for a better solution other then DEAL with it.

Gardner Denver

Rules have been updated to reflect that lives will be given out by ops.  Topic locked.