main-gauche items

Started by SluTFisHy, Jan 12, 2010, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SluTFisHy

well let it go.. its a good discussion, if it gets more creative maybe we cna change the topic to "revamping the warlock"

(still, give them main-gauche items) lol
Listen peeps, *I INSULT PEOPLE*, thats what I do.

So when I respond to a forum, I insult people equally, I dont descriminate.

It's just me adding salt and pepper to a conversation.

Don't take anything to heart. Nubs.

DeathCow

Just from a conceptual stand point, I believe that warlocks use gestures to cast spells, while gypsies use incantations.  That being said  I've no problem with warlocks using main gaunches or even two-handed weapons.  I do however believe that their spell list(from a balance pov) may need to be augmented if a switch to two-handers occured.

Gardner Denver

Class: Warlock
Race: Kang
Level: 99
Strength: 70

Armour Class: 91.5/11
Encumberance: 2420/3360 - Heavy (72%)

He is equipped with:

lunar chainmail coif           (Head)
skull mask                     (Ears)
spiked obsidian collar         (Neck)
tails of battle                (Back)
scarlet doublet                (Torso)
stormmetal bracers             (Arms)
mithril bracelets              (Wrist)
sunstone wristband             (Wrist)
lunar chain gauntlets          (Hands)
white gold ring                (Finger)
platinum ring                  (Finger)
ogre-skin baldric              (Waist)
lunar chainmail leggings       (Legs)
lunar chainmail boots          (Feet)
diamond emblem                 (Worn)
adamantite wrist guard         (Off-Hand)
flametongue                    (Weapon Hand)

Stats: HitPoints +185, Mana +17, Crits +1, Dodge +4, SpellCast +10, Accuracy +14, Max Damage +13, Shield Damage +3, HitPoint Regen +25, Mana Regen +45, Perception +10, Stealth -5, Illuminatn +320, Magic Resist +15, Lightning Res. +10

And you want to let them use 2 handed weapons...  If they got 2 handers then they should be changed to mage-1 magic for sure.

DeathCow

I'd straight up vomit if i ever saw someone running that gear...flamtongue?

I'm really not very familar with warlock builds, I generally play gypsies over warlocks..Whats that ac look like with spells?

Gardner Denver

Ethereal Shield would add another umm... ACBlur +12 DR+1  I forget how the ACBlur calcs out for lunar gear.

The flametongue was picked because I asked for best AC/DR Combo and it has +2/0 AC

DeathCow

Well ACBlur is just Ability Value-(Current Enc%*Ability Value) I'd have to guess that you'd at most get 7-8 extra ac.

Silvix

I have a similar standpoint on locks reguarding off-hand items. First off, warlocks do not need 90 AC. I had a 47 lock recently with almost all of the lunar items with 71/17 ac, and he ran a 'very light medium'. I'm talking running at like 35%-40% enc. You need to remember that using frenzy will lower ac but add DR so that could also be a possibility why they can't use shields. Also, warlocks do not need 2handers. I do feel they should be able to use shields, i have no clue as to why they do not. The shield goes on the BACK of the hand anyways and most of the time while traveling, it's removed and placed on the back. I understand that the main-gauche is just basically a wrist guard type of thing which even furthers the point... Why no main-gauches? They can't use shields either even though the silvery crested shield is a nice chunk of ac and is classified as chainmail. Mages channel spells through staves, why can't a warlock channel spells through their hellblades?

From the description: They will wear any chainmail.

DeathCow

I suppose..The purpose of warlocks really was to hit the target with a powerful spell, then finish in combat.  How would we adjust warlocks to make that happen?  I mean, if we have that going, how gives a flying fuck about main guanches.

This topic brings up a conversation on MMB from 2005.  It was some new content I had made for a bbs, and people we're having issues because I gave a main gaunche to a warlock.  HEHE
http://mmb.forumshq.com/index.php?topic=9038.0
QuoteCuriosity makes me wonder why you gave the dark main gauche to warlocks but not rangers/ninjas/mystics who actually have class stealth when it seems to be a backstab enhancing armor..  just a question though.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Hells Wrath on Feb 03, 2010, 11:48 PM
I understand that the main-gauche is just basically a wrist guard type of thing which even furthers the point... Why no main-gauches?

Actually a main-gauche is a knife type item.  Which is why (I would assume) that 'locks can't use them.

DeathCow

Its a short slender sword designed to parry attacks and make quick stabbing strikes.  Personally I think the game has evovled beyond the 2 paragraph descriptions made for them before the game was even made.  Maybe we should rewrite the description into what warlocks *should* be and then work to make them fit that role.

Excarkun

:) WEAR have you been DeathCow?? 

DeathCow

Quote from: Excarkun on Feb 04, 2010, 09:31 AM
:) WEAR have you been DeathCow?? 

Work, break-ups, moving, trading 'home movies' for my things that disappeared with the move, parents in nursing home.

Excarkun

what you have a

a

a

aahh yea it called  LIFE?

:D

DeathCow

If I called 'that' a life, I'd stab myself in the face right now.

kalus

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come"