Any way to have more limiteds for non pvp realm this time?

Started by Chupon, Jan 28, 2010, 01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Darmius on Jan 29, 2010, 03:11 PM
Post a database.  I'm sure someone would create and editor... but how to test it.

The database layout is not set in stone yet. 

Darmius

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Jan 29, 2010, 03:18 PM
The database layout is not set in stone yet. 

It still provides a target and a starting point.

Excarkun

Quote from: schwagg on Jan 29, 2010, 02:58 PM
It has nothing to do with advantages. It has more to do with a huge pool of players being completely denied access to goodies in a realm where you can't take them away from someone else by robbing dp, ganghouse, or killing them. Use your melon. It's not "PVE vs PVP". It's about player retention, too. They're two completely different game styles and should be treated as such. Seperately. If you're convinced it's possible to piss in everyone's wheaties on the PVE realm because of altered limited item totals, then come make characters and show us.

Frist: I was pointing out the obvious people will state/bitch whatever you want to call it if or when PVe gets a Oz or Lich kill posted in Forums.  Also I expect the Pve realm to always get their first cause of one Dupes. Even more if your allowed to have more then one limiteds which I can careless if do or don't Again just pointed out the obvious to the Forums questions.
yea i like to repeat myself.   
And if you can kill Lich over and over should get more then the 1exp. should get the all of it. Still not easy to kill the Lich. 

Chupon

If its not possible to edit other stuff in at the moment im still happy with the limited multiplier to start and teleports back in the way they originally were like first one to 20 or something unlocks teleporting etc.

Will you guys reach a point when you can make easier database changes? Im mostly curious cuz the main reason im interested in greatermud is the finished product and how it will be to customize and build new content. I like majormud but im gonna be honest and say it can be really boring at times because the content hasnt been updated in over a decade. The updates and changes to the engine keep me interested for the time being but i do agree a mud with more customized and new things ie deathcows stuff or other edits/tweaks/balances provided by users on a 3rd greatermud would probably be about 5 times as interesting to me. Myself and rotting have pushed some edits to the limits of what you can do with regular majormud textblocks and such but id like to see how your system is going to work for that type of thing.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Chupon on Jan 29, 2010, 05:22 PM
If its not possible to edit other stuff in at the moment im still happy with the limited multiplier to start and teleports back in the way they originally were like first one to 20 or something unlocks teleporting etc.

Will you guys reach a point when you can make easier database changes? Im mostly curious cuz the main reason im interested in greatermud is the finished product and how it will be to customize and build new content. I like majormud but im gonna be honest and say it can be really boring at times because the content hasnt been updated in over a decade. The updates and changes to the engine keep me interested for the time being but i do agree a mud with more customized and new things ie deathcows stuff or other edits/tweaks/balances provided by users on a 3rd greatermud would probably be about 5 times as interesting to me. Myself and rotting have pushed some edits to the limits of what you can do with regular majormud textblocks and such but id like to see how your system is going to work for that type of thing.

The teleports can be put back as soon as we deal with the 2 bugs in the command.  I'll move that one up on the priority list.

There hasn't been anything set in stone for the editor yet.  Our db schema is still changing.  As of the last conversation Vitoc and I had about it, he and I would colaborate on the editor providing I was willing to work in C#, which I agree with since it will be a GreaterMUD product and not a Quest-ware product.

As we get closer to time to start the editor I'm sure we'll be asking for input from editors on what features and functions they would like to see.