Poll for rules changes to pvp

Started by Gardner Denver, Jan 27, 2010, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Excarkun

spider silk trousers  lvl 30  then you can use them
stone javelin lvl 35 then you can use them
nexus chakram lvl 40 then u can use them

Well this will just make the game interesting then, for one you should be using these items or most before a lvl 40 thief can touch your Vault. or Roll the dice take a chance  and hope they don't know they are there.  Pent it is a GAME..

And like I stated Earlier it would make the Thief a Hated and wanted Character in the realm. Your not dumb, if this was to EVER go into effect I'm sure you'll think of a way to keep your vault safe or try.
Bet you'll want or have a thief ASAp in your gang if this rule was to go into effect.

I'm giddy that this would cause a lot of gang fights and gang house robbing, back and forth OR it would just stop hording period once u got an item to drop and alrdy have or can't use you gos it up for Auction..

I'm more hoping for the Gang Wars.  :D ;D
And the racing to lvl a thief to lvl 40 remind you also need to have a party big enough to help said thief to kill the Dark Phoenix.  

Excarkun

Fuxsiloh. ok with my hoarding idea I also believe that will cause Carnage..
but i changed my vote, I got HARD..
FYi that would be cool to add some Dragons to gh as guards in front of vaults, and it would take a party to kill it like enormous blue dragon depending on the GH.. but that/this should be on a another thread..

Gardner Denver

Ok this is going no where heh.  We have both your opinions on record.

pentagruel

This would make things very unbalanced.  Can you imagine a lvl 30 paly with a stormmetal cors stormmetal belt and gavel of justice? 

I think you can come up with ideas to deal with level limits, but they would require alot of work for the sysop, probably beyond what gardner is willing to put in.  For example:  Items that are stashed will not be reset until atleast 5 people in the realm are 5 levels higher than the item requires. 

MudHunter

Live should be given out. Rolling someone on a beta server is stupid. The best way to encourage people to play is to roll people! yeah!  ::)

PVP should be 10 levels. unlimited pvp is harsh in a real realm, a bit over harsh in a beta realm.

Removing level limits on items is a very dumb idea.

One thing that really should be put in before the restart is to have levels 1-5 unpvpable like in regmud. I can just imagine the fun we'd have with 8 level 4's killing others one at a time. This would give everyone time to seperate from the little areas a bit so we can actually get someplace. Especially now since we have a serious divide among the players. That said, if this is not put in place, I wont be afeared to be the one in the party of 10 killing single people. Just sayin.

As for stashing lims. Thats a tough call. I know I've gone and killed something way higher than I shoulda just to get the item, then had to stash it for 10+ levels. Should reward people able to do so. So as stupid as the stashes are, not much else to do but keep em as is.... But if you do sweep things, giving warnings basically negates any sweeps. If Gard or whoever's oping is willing to do the work, a 5 day limit on a stashed item should be a hard rule, no warning, just gone.

I also predict that we're gunna have a surge of spellcasters. :P Just a warning, tho. even with sleep as overpowered as it is, killing a mage is pretty easy, even 1-2 on 1. I know I prolly wont be a mage again myself. Even tho I always play mages. I dont have the patience to play one from scratch. Takes fuckin forever....

Zetetic

Quote from: MudHunter on Jan 28, 2010, 10:12 PM
As for stashing lims. Thats a tough call. I know I've gone and killed something way higher than I shoulda just to get the item, then had to stash it for 10+ levels. Should reward people able to do so. So as stupid as the stashes are, not much else to do but keep em as is.... But if you do sweep things, giving warnings basically negates any sweeps.

I agree that skillful play should not be punished. Killing bosses before you can use their items is normal (who honestly waits until level 60 to get all of the 60+ items?). Random sweeps is not a good idea; What if you stash an item and it gets reset the next day, but someone in a rival gang has items stashed for a week and nothing happens? Warnings given for a sweep are not necessarily a bad thing. If sweeps happen often enough there are plenty of ways to force items into being reset. Pent - having a room that gang leaders designate to not be swept is a bad idea. I believe in forcing people to go and pickup their stash - it is one of the best ways to track a person to it. Sure it is a pain, but that is rather the point.

Quote from: MudHunter on Jan 28, 2010, 10:12 PMIf Gard or whoever's oping is willing to do the work, a 5 day limit on a stashed item should be a hard rule, no warning, just gone.

This is the kind of system that I would like to see. Unfortunately it is often way too much work for the sysop - even weekly/bi-weekly cleanups would be a pain for them. I haven't seen much input here really from Gardner as to whether he is planning to op the realm, or if he was going to continue doing what he was doing towards the end of the pvp realms time - popping in from time to time and keeping a quiet eye on things, but not being overly involved in the day to day of the realm (though I have a feeling you got dragged into a bit more than you intended while you were doing this). So how about it Gardner, will you op for us again, and how much of your time are you willing to devote to keeping stashes under control?

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Zetetic on Jan 28, 2010, 11:44 PM
I haven't seen much input here really from Gardner as to whether he is planning to op the realm, or if he was going to continue doing what he was doing towards the end of the pvp realms time - popping in from time to time and keeping a quiet eye on things, but not being overly involved in the day to day of the realm (though I have a feeling you got dragged into a bit more than you intended while you were doing this). So how about it Gardner, will you op for us again, and how much of your time are you willing to devote to keeping stashes under control?

I'm waiting to see if a consensus can be formed on how to best handle limited items.  The player manager program is very close to beta release.  Once that is out I plan to build a limited item tracker.  That will make tracking items and stashes much simpler including giving me the ability to instantly tell how long an item has been sitting in one spot/area.  What will most likely happen is that I will put up another poll next week where people can vote on which policy they want as the rule.  Untill that poll is complete I do not plan to get involved in any fashion with limited items on the pvp realm.

LordZoma

I have an idea!

What about PUBLIC SAFETY DEPOSIT BOXES

Here's how it would work.

Every player would be able to stash 3 items in a publicly accessed stash spot. When it's stashed there everyone would know what player it belonged to. There would be a time limit on how long any item could be stashed there. Say - 2 weeks. once something has been stashed there for 2 weeks that player couldn't stash it until a certain amount of time went by - say 2 weeks again.

So that way players could have a chance to stash something someplace totally secure, the drawback being everyone would know he owned the item and thus after the stash period he'd be a target.

PERSONALLY - I would rather see this happen:

PUBLIC LIMITED ITEM LOCATION LISTS

Why not just make it public where any limited items are - including players. Disclose what items are in what ganghouses. Disclose what players had what limited items. And disclose the locations of all stashed limited items throughout the realm.

Then it would be simply a matter of hiding things in places other characters have difficulty getting to and others wouldn't bother wanting to try. It would have people know who they needed to pvp to get something.

I think if everyone knew where every limited item was at any given point (except for player locations) then it would make the realm far more interesting, and totally and forever completely get rid of the stash argument.

If we added the safety deposit box also, then players could have their cake and eat it to. A safe place to TEMPORARILY store items without fear of them being stolen, and the ability to easily location stash piles that aren't in the ganghouse.

Tragedy

Yes, that's a cool idea zoma, I like how you capped TEMPORARILY, I'm not above stashing for personal use in 10 lvls, but I am WAY against stashing and HOARDING items that you can never use, like mystics hoarding druid staffs.       
     Another thing I would like to see is monsters NOT dropping the lims on first kill. Make that drop % actually work at some point. I.E. AR won't be dropping EVERYTHING right away but to those people that head up there 5 times might walk away with something.This will increase ATK time spent on boss hunts and also more flow of limited items to everyone, also possibly increase the chance of PvP tenfold. Imagine 3 gangs running into each other head first at museum plaza...mmmm...I can smell the flesh burning now.
    Anyways, I am definitely making a caster but aside from pvp, It's because I always favored casters and Mages are my all-time fav class (ask anyone who knows me). The warlock was a freebie and I debated doing one again, But when I dedicate as much time as I did to something like GMUD, I might as well, have my cake and eat it to

Crabster

Excarkun

I'll like to see if the 100% first kill drop rate  gone too.
hmmm  Maybe Gard can go around and kill all the items(Weapon/ Armour) dropping  Bosses/Monsters to a certain lvl like say  Bloody Executioner.. or some other.. And do all this right after the Reset and next day flush all the items back into game in the hopes of the Reg. % drops kick in.  This might also deter some limited item Hoarding.

schwagg

Quote from: Excarkun on Jan 29, 2010, 12:38 PM
I'll like to see if the 100% first kill drop rate  gone too.
hmmm  Maybe Gard can go around and kill all the items(Weapon/ Armour) dropping  Bosses/Monsters to a certain lvl like say  Bloody Executioner.. or some other.. And do all this right after the Reset and next day flush all the items back into game in the hopes of the Reg. % drops kick in.  This might also deter some limited item Hoarding.

Good idea, but the method is unneccesary. Just open the file in Nightmare and do a quick batch function changing the last killed date/times to 151 hours before final intended time to bring the board up. This will insure that all bosses such as guardian golem, mino chest, etc will be ready to spawn right when the board goes up.

Tragedy

I dont think gmud runs in NMR, totally diff database? No, Someone clue me cuz honestly, I don't know. Good to know these things tho.

Darmius

I think they use NMR to create MDB and convert it to SQL.  But there are probably some table differences so it's a proprietary MDB -> SQL converter.

Gardner Denver

Currently:

Use NMR for edits
Do full realm export from NMR
Load NMR2GMud converter to change fron NMR to Gmud db layout
Replace existing GMud content with new db