Poll for rules changes to pvp

Started by Gardner Denver, Jan 27, 2010, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

y2duhh

Let me just get a stab at it:

Remember this is for a beta realm and nothing more, i wouldnt say put this in production:

1) lives should be given out This is a beta game and we want people to play not sit in safe rooms cuz they have 2 lives and cant script
2) Post the limited list, who cares if items are taken, you lose items, stashes are given out -> this is a beta realm lets beta test everything
3) reset lims every so often even if people have em, like I said before this is a beta realm nothing should be stuck on 1 player, 1 class, 1 anything for too long
4) slutfishy is a nerd I wish he would get a life but thats never gonna happen.

LordZoma

I'm tired of the THIS IS A BETA REALM argument.

Lives should not be given out on the PVP realm, and guess what - from the current vote they probably won't be. If you want to play and explore the game without worrying about dying, there's a whole other realm for you to explore. Re-rolling people should be possible.

I think limited item sweeps is bullshit. Make limited item locations public. List who has what limited items. Then nobody will be able to complain about anything except that they can't hide their items without putting it a place that is extremely difficult to get to, or at least really out of the way.

It would lead to some other strategies as well. Hiding limited items then camping where you hid them waiting for people to go out there to steal it.

If people have a big problem with limited items in the PvE realm, just increase how many limited items there are. What's the big deal?

SluTFisHy

Persnally, I didnt read all of these but.

All i have to say is, you cant just "change" something in the game because you dont like it.

Pentagreul says "Well i like to hoard items until im high enough level to use them, and it sucks that thieves can pick my vaults. So get rid of it"

(in a nutshell, THATS EXACTLY what he's saying)

You cant just change something because it sucks, THIEVES CAN PICK VAULTS, Its the ONLY advantage sucky thieves have in the game. ***Cope***
(so if i was to use pent's logic to play the game, I should just tell gardner)
"I dont like being killed, so gardner, Can you make my guy invincible? because dying sucks. I mean, I want to play the game, just not any of the stuff in the game that sucks for me, like, people killing me so, make me invincible and can i get a copy of all the lim 1's please? cause killing the bosses are annoying to get them. cause like i said, I want to play the game, I just dont want to deal with any of the stuff thats PART OF THE GAME that *I* Dont like."

...Weee!
Listen peeps, *I INSULT PEOPLE*, thats what I do.

So when I respond to a forum, I insult people equally, I dont descriminate.

It's just me adding salt and pepper to a conversation.

Don't take anything to heart. Nubs.

Thergin

Quote from: y2duhh on Jan 29, 2010, 03:57 PM
Let me just get a stab at it:

1) lives should be given out This is a beta game and we want people to play not sit in safe rooms cuz they have 2 lives and cant script

I will stab your face... you can buy another one!

Gardner Denver

The poll still has about 12 hours to go, but so far No Lives and No Dupes are clear winners.  The level differences aren't as clear though.

While 12 people voted for 10 lvls, another 12 also voted to bump it up...  a statistical tie. :)  Decisions decisons.

LordZoma

I will change my vote to keep it at 10 level difference making it 13-11.

MudHunter

Quote from: LordZoma on Jan 29, 2010, 04:13 PM
I'm tired of the THIS IS A BETA REALM argument.

And yet: This is a beta realm, dipshit. Allowing people to get rerolled should be tested, but allowing people to get rolled constantly (something some people would love to do) would discourage testing.

QuoteLives should not be given out on the PVP realm, and guess what - from the current vote they probably won't be. If you want to play and explore the game without worrying about dying, there's a whole other realm for you to explore. Re-rolling people should be possible.

Yeah. Lets discourage people from playing in one of the realms. ::)

QuoteI think limited item sweeps is bullshit. Make limited item locations public. List who has what limited items. Then nobody will be able to complain about anything except that they can't hide their items without putting it a place that is extremely difficult to get to, or at least really out of the way.

Cept that would put huge targets on the people that have certain lims. Plainly a stupid idea. You cannot put up a list of all lims and where/who has them in a realm that also allows anyone to pick up anything they want. Duh.

QuoteIt would lead to some other strategies as well. Hiding limited items then camping where you hid them waiting for people to go out there to steal it.

Oh yeah. Thats a great idea. "we'll camp here waiting for someone to come get it!" Then when half the realm shows up and kills you you complain?

QuoteIf people have a big problem with limited items in the PvE realm, just increase how many limited items there are. What's the big deal?

And while we're at it, lets remove the level limits!

schwagg

Quote from: LordZoma on Jan 29, 2010, 04:13 PM

It would lead to some other strategies as well. Hiding limited items then camping where you hid them waiting for people to go out there to steal it.

"Gaming diapers" sold separately.

LordZoma

I played in a realm where limited item lists were public and it made for very interesting pvp.

SluTFisHy

Quote from: y2duhh on Jan 29, 2010, 03:57 PM
4) slutfishy is a nerd I wish he would get a life but thats never gonna happen.

Hahah, oddly enough that was 5th on my list today;
My list today:
1. Pull my dick out my girlfriend
2. goto work
3. attend my union meeting, cause I am the union steward (ever heard of one of those? maybe? possibly?)
4. put my dick back into my girlfriend,
5. get a life.

thanks for reminding me! almost forget.. I need to start bidding for a cheap one on ebay...
Listen peeps, *I INSULT PEOPLE*, thats what I do.

So when I respond to a forum, I insult people equally, I dont descriminate.

It's just me adding salt and pepper to a conversation.

Don't take anything to heart. Nubs.

LordZoma

Are people willing to share who they were in the game? Because most people are using aka's and I have no idea who you people are. Schwagg? slutfishy? mudhunter? lol am I in bizzarro world.

PS I can't fucking believe the server crashed and we're having a reset. wtf.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: LordZoma on Jan 30, 2010, 12:43 AM

It's a Beta Realm ;)

LordZoma

Yeah and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't the cutting edge of the majormud game. I have no interest in playing the metro version on some random bbs somewhere when I could be here with all of you playtesting a game that is making advancements where the devs even listen to player input.

I can see the validity of the argument for lives being given out in the pvp realm, but isn't that the point of having 2 realms? Perhaps the only resolution will be to have 2 pvp realms. one with lives and one without.  I can see it being better to have a larger pvp range in a realm where lives are given out, but a smaller range in a realm where lives are not given out.

10 levels in pure pvp with rerolling as opposed to 15 or 20 levels in a pvp realm with no rerolling.

If the vote ends with lives being given out, I'd like to re-switch my vote of pvp levels from 10 back up to 15. ;)

Gardner Denver

The lives vote is a difficult one for me.  My personal preference would be for nobody to get rolled out of the game "just because".  We know that rerolling/being rerolled works.  What we need to test is the mechanics of pvp.  We were just starting to get players into the higher levels when the hard drive failed.  The reason we have a non pvp realm is because the mechanics are different in a realm where pvp is turned off and we need to insure that those mechanics work properly.  I'm not saying don't roll anyone out, and we're not making any rule to that effect.  All I'm saying is that the testing is better served by not doing so for no reason other than you can.

In time, as we get closer to release, and we're fairly confident that no more database changes will need to be made, I (and I believe Vitoc would as well) be all in favor of setting up a 3rd realm for honest to goodness pvp playing with a very minimum of interferance from the op, if we even had one at all.

I would think that with the bugs we still have in the pvp side of things that people would want to be able to get back lives lost.  Yall must be more hard core than I gave you credit for.  If the final vote ends up being no, which it looks like it will, this will be an interesting push.

Excarkun

Quote from: LordZoma on Jan 30, 2010, 12:43 AM
Are people willing to share who they were in the game? Because most people are using aka's and I have no idea who you people are. Schwagg? slutfishy? mudhunter? lol am I in bizzarro world.

Lord Lord Lord.. you don't read all the post here all the time do u..???
At one time or another each one of the acct names you asked about has in there own way revealed who they are.
the only one I'm not sure of is Bizzarro.. but O well.
So go back and read what they posted in past week.

as for yor vote change it any ways  go hardcore.. it pvp and it a game.. at least back to 15 ..