Same problem happening as pre-patch tonight

Started by schwagg, Feb 01, 2010, 12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schwagg

1:40 am CST night of the reset, cant re connect

SluTFisHy

Listen peeps, *I INSULT PEOPLE*, thats what I do.

So when I respond to a forum, I insult people equally, I dont descriminate.

It's just me adding salt and pepper to a conversation.

Don't take anything to heart. Nubs.

Bahaus

My computer just rebooted on me.

Now I can't reconnect. Tried it at command prompt. I just get a series of dashes. My other mud connects fine so ... ideas? anyone else?

I can Haz level 90?

Tragedy

Gardner Denver

The board has been shut down until Vitoc can get home and fix the problem.

Excarkun

Damn Beta Realm's... 8)

But since it is Beta  hell lets start all over Again..         l O0 l   ::) ::)

;D :D

Tragedy

roflmao I bet you'd like that wouldn't you. Thank you gard for shutting down, that was the best option you could of chose. Wise choice kemosabi. And please lock this thread before a raging debate starts about another reset, because that's not a good way to keep players.

plz plz

MudHunter

Quote from: Excarkun on Feb 01, 2010, 04:12 PM
Damn Beta Realm's... 8)

But since it is Beta  hell lets start all over Again..         l O0 l   ::) ::)

;D :D

Eh. would end up about the same again anyways.

chrimson

I would have to agree would end up about the same and hopefuly with a better connection.

Gardner Denver

We won't reset unless the data is fubar, which it isn't.

Fuxsiloh

First let's state some things most of us can agree on - resets are fun and getting a good start can be very beneficial. Having said that, wouldn't the inability to connect after the push be a bigger threat to keeping players than having another one? (This is kind of directed at Tragedy)

Also, Madhunter, let's see if you are able to get into the same position without being able to connect - I doubt you'd get anywhere, actually, I guarantee it!

So let's be mindful of the players who weren't able to enjoy the buzz and rush and don't call for the thread to be locked  out of fear of losing your 'position' in game.

For the record I am completely indifferent on the call to reset again. I play to PvP and I can do that at any level - actually, it is actually more fun letting everyone get all the items so I can hunt them later for them! Makes it more of a sport ;)

twogirlz

Basically what he is saying is, all your itemz are belongz to him, no matter how many times it gets reset

Tragedy

Quote from: Fuxsiloh on Feb 01, 2010, 04:50 PM
First let's state some things most of us can agree on - resets are fun and getting a good start can be very beneficial. Having said that, wouldn't the inability to connect after the push be a bigger threat to keeping players than having another one? (This is kind of directed at Tragedy)

Yes. But see how you took two things that had nothing to do with each other (directly) and compared them to make me look dumb? Nice try tho. The connection issue needs to be resolved before anything happens. The log issues were an issue before the reset, but not as bad at all. I seem to remember this why 10+ people dropped ghaleon's bbs. Even when he resolved the issue it's hard to get those ppl back.

Quote from: twogirlz on Feb 01, 2010, 04:57 PM
Basically what he is saying is, all your itemz are belongz to him, no matter how many times it gets reset

S'ok, I'm sure people will just play in store bought gear. OMFG Imagine if we did what you guys did last time and just hide EVERYTHING. LoL, even if we can use them, LoL. Then no one would get shit....mmmmm does sound interesting. BTW wtf is itemz are belongz? is that one of them aussie R&B groups?

BTW Engage flame war, like I predicted. Here is another image because I know you liked the last one so much.

Excarkun

Quote from: Tragedy on Feb 01, 2010, 05:30 PM
S'ok, I'm sure people will just play in store bought gear. OMFG Imagine if we did what you guys did last time and just hide EVERYTHING. LoL, even if we can use them, LoL. Then no one would get shit....mmmmm does sound interesting. BTW wtf is itemz are belongz? is that one of them aussie R&B groups?

did you start the last push late?