Voice of the People - What engine bugs/features are important to you?

Started by schwagg, Apr 10, 2010, 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schwagg

DeathCow

Mersenne twister is simple, small, and fast. And it is also well known and well tested. There is also lots of working examples, c++ snippets and classes etc. So it's easy to get working.  I really don't know how he's gening numbers now so I can't comment on how it would be different.  Also you'd get better results if you cleaned the poll up a little bit.  Its kind of hard to read atm.

schwagg

I'm guessing he's using something having to do with Microsoft, which would explain why the randoms in this game suck terribly. I'll work on cleaning the poll up a bit later.

schwagg

Right. I guess I was trying to imply that I think he's using the default .net one.

DeathCow

If he's using the libc rand() it could be an issue later on because different OS will have different results. Windows tends to use lower bits and that makes for less than random results..EH, maybe we'll just wait to see how vitocs done it.

Excarkun

Did I miss it or was MR not on there? I'm sure it still needs to be Tweaked some more.

DeathCow

What exactly isn't working right with MR?   I have EXACT formulas for it..let me know.

Maybe I've posted this info before, but there are admin/developer sections only visible to a few of us where I think I get the bulk of the info Vitoc needs conveyed to him.

Vitoc

I doubt the awful rolls have anything to do with our random number generator.  It's pretty standard, uses a cryptography library and randomizes the three bytes used for generating the random value every single roll. What you're seeing is likely more of an issue with say crit damage, where it's a multiplier.

I've designed quite a bit of this mostly off of Locke's formulas.  If you want to question my experience or implementation, we can go there.

DeathCow

Quote from: Vitoc on Apr 11, 2010, 01:49 AM
I doubt the awful rolls have anything to do with our random number generator.

Uh...what else *could* they have to do with?

scratacorn

MR doesn't resisit jack poo poo. and it really shouldn't be capped at 150

Hydroponic

MR works on my mage I resist and have my sleep resisted

Hydro

Madrick

Which one of these options fixes up the warrior stun bracers.. :-)

Selfish i know but it would be nice if they worked..!

scratacorn

resisit is capped at what? 33.5% even for a WH
lameo

At least uncap the MR for WH's and cap it for non then