Voice of the People - What engine bugs/features are important to you?

Started by schwagg, Apr 10, 2010, 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathCow

Quote from: scratacorn on Apr 11, 2010, 06:53 PM
resisit is capped at what? 33.5% even for a WH
lameo

At least uncap the MR for WH's and cap it for non then

Uh Where did this 33.5% stuff come from?  I don't know what Gmud is doing atm but 150 mr should be 50% without and 75% with antimagic.

(MR-50)/2+Antimagic=%resist

Antimagic adds 25%...
Ya know, don't quote me of that formula, but I know I posted the right one somewhere..that might be right though.

schwagg

Quote from: Madrick on Apr 11, 2010, 05:27 PM
Which one of these options fixes up the warrior stun bracers.. :-)

Selfish i know but it would be nice if they worked..!

It's hard to make note of every single bug or missing feature, but I tried to put stuff on the list that has some application for both realms, save for a few things such as tracking.

scratacorn

Quote from: DeathCow on Apr 11, 2010, 07:36 PM
Uh Where did this 33.5% stuff come from?  I don't know what Gmud is doing atm but 150 mr should be 50% without and 75% with antimagic.

(MR-50)/2+Antimagic=%resist

Antimagic adds 25%...
Ya know, don't quote me of that formula, but I know I posted the right one somewhere..that might be right though.

the 50% without and 75% without is just damage reduction. resist is broken/not properly implemented? was talking to gard about it the other day, I forgot most of what we talked about, but I remember the 33.5% capped resist, and thats for a WH, including bless spells, and my WH doesn't resist anything pretty much.

Fermouth

Resist works a little bit, but not the way it should. 

I can resist sleep and all that good stuff every once in awhile.
Maybe WH are broken? or something
Oh, and I'm a druid, so I have like 142 mr when decently equiped.
Broadcast from Stinkyhaze "please dont take me to the bathroom, will"

DeathCow

The truth of the matter is that we really don't know how resist works in mmud.  I've never worked out any mathematics for it and we have no basis for anything.  We are winging it for resisting spells. 

Moreover..spell resist is broken as shit in mmud....I know the system we are using atm is not satisfactory but we'll work on something that involves SC vs MR and see how that works out.

DeathCow

Quote from: Vitoc on Apr 11, 2010, 01:49 AM
If you want to question my experience or implementation, we can go there.

So..why did we drop the new RNG convo again?

Gardner Denver

Quote from: DeathCow on Apr 20, 2010, 01:28 AM
The truth of the matter is that we really don't know how resist works in mmud.  I've never worked out any mathematics for it and we have no basis for anything.  We are winging it for resisting spells. 

Moreover..spell resist is broken as shit in mmud....I know the system we are using atm is not satisfactory but we'll work on something that involves SC vs MR and see how that works out.

We've worked out a system for this and hopefully can implement it this weekend.  This will NOT be a SC vs MR solution.  Switching to that type of system requires us to give SC to all mobs and that would be... involved.... (read: take a long time to implement)

This will be closer to correct than what we have now.  Everyone should see a pretty good pickup in damage reduction & spell resisting.  It should work way better than Metro's system did/does assuming of course that the spells are coded properly in the db.

Metro wouldn't make a mistake would they?