Board Down?

Started by Silvix, Apr 29, 2010, 01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silvix

Is the board down right now or is it just my stupid laptop?

Gardner Denver

It's not down, but we're having some major lag issues at the moment.

Silvix

Yeah I can't sign in on either of my computers. Laptop or desktop.

maxhax2000

ahh cool, i figured sumtin was happinin hehe. wounder when it will be running smooth

Silvix

You guys make it difficult to get sunstone done :) Lol yesterday I got to play for like 15 mins cuz of that enslave crash, today I play for 3 seconds, switch pc's, and still can't play before work. Lol.

Gardner Denver

We're not sure what is going on but the computer started thrashing so we've shut down the board until Vitoc gets home.

Crabster

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Apr 29, 2010, 02:57 PM
We're not sure what is going on but the computer started thrashing so we've shut down the board until Vitoc gets home.
is this one of those deals like last time when the hard drive crashes and the backup is on the same drive and now there has to be a reset ect or go back several months in time etc?? the game has been acting screwy anyway for a few days....i found prolly 20 bugs last night but was so drunk i dont remember em...sigh....oh wait i do remember a backstab for 330 damage but it didnt even take away 1 hp....no wonder i didnt report that one, wink....

Bahaus

Quote from: Crabster on Apr 29, 2010, 03:40 PM
is this one of those deals like last time when the hard drive crashes and the backup is on the same drive and now there has to be a reset ect or go back several months in time etc?? the game has been acting screwy anyway for a few days....i found prolly 20 bugs last night but was so drunk i dont remember em...sigh....oh wait i do remember a backstab for 330 damage but it didnt even take away 1 hp....no wonder i didnt report that one, wink....

I made a very sarcastic point last time when the HD crashed about how "stupid" it was to store back-ups on the same drive as the base system. I highly doubt its still setup that way ... but ya never know.

One thing is for sure. If this triggers a reset I won't be spending nearly as much time acquiring items as i did this last push.
I can Haz level 90?

Silvix

Well I'll still play either way. I'm sure you guys are overreacting as always, anyways.

Edit: Any idea on how long it'll be down for, Gardner?

Gardner Denver

I would say at least another 2 hours.  5:37pm Central time right now, so somewhere around 7:30pm Central

Silvix

Hmm. Another night of mmuding karaoke I suppose :) GL on finding the issue guys.

Bahaus

ITT: Silvix refreshes the screen a lot :)
I can Haz level 90?

Silvix

I do many things when I really do nothing IRL... :) I work 3rd shift so I have lots of time to fill during the day hehe. And besides, I did start the topic hehe.

Bahaus

I understand the unique issue that the board is facing now. However it has been discussed many times why not allow gardner remote access if something simple like a board restart is needed.  Just a thought. Now of course if its a coding issue that would be a bit more complicated but for simple restarts it would help ....

I can Haz level 90?

Fermouth

I'm not so sure it's just a connection issue.  We were having problems last night while everyone was asleep.  Seems like more than meets the eye.
Broadcast from Stinkyhaze "please dont take me to the bathroom, will"