Board Down?

Started by Silvix, Apr 29, 2010, 01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabster

Quote from: Silvix on Apr 29, 2010, 04:17 PM
Well I'll still play either way. I'm sure you guys are overreacting as always, anyways.

Edit: Any idea on how long it'll be down for, Gardner?
anyways is not a word...and i was being sarcastic....it could reset every other day and im sure id keep logging in for a bit...i guess its bowl rip time...see ya in 40 minutes per gardner, hehe

DeathCow's Link

Crabster

Quote from: Fermouth on Apr 29, 2010, 05:44 PM
I'm not so sure it's just a connection issue.  We were having problems last night while everyone was asleep.  Seems like more than meets the eye.

while the americans were asleep?

Silvix

Quote from: Crabster on Apr 29, 2010, 05:46 PM
anyways is not a word...and i was being sarcastic....it could reset every other day and im sure id keep logging in for a bit...i guess its bowl rip time...see ya in 40 minutes per gardner, hehe

I understand if YOU were being sarcastic but everytime the board crashes people demand a restart. I did say 'you guys' not 'you' :)

Hydroponic

I hate it when people say "hehe" it sounds gay

Silvix

I hate it when simple topics become bash topics.

Hehe.

schwagg

Quote from: Bahaus on Apr 29, 2010, 05:41 PM
I understand the unique issue that the board is facing now. However it has been discussed many times why not allow gardner remote access if something simple like a board restart is needed.  Just a thought. Now of course if its a coding issue that would be a bit more complicated but for simple restarts it would help ....

I'm not sure why this hasn't been done either. I've asked the same question for years because it makes total sense. Gardner is here more than anyone else, and somehow he is willing to take the beatings he does to ensure everyone gets as much as they can out of this "beta" experience. He's literally the most visible, active, and player-connected person on the Gmud staff. Anything Gardner is willing to take on would certainly be a boon for this project.

Gardner for Prez

Hydroponic

I'm not bashing just bored waiting for tip off to the blazer game

Fermouth

Yes, while the Americans sleep.  I have conformed to Australianism. 
Broadcast from Stinkyhaze "please dont take me to the bathroom, will"

Bahaus

This thread is worse then hitler ....

I am bored, have invoked Godwin's law, now the thread must die.

oh ya and HEHE
I can Haz level 90?

Gardner Denver

In all fairness, this is one of those situations where me having remote access would not have resolved anything.

Something got the server caught up in a loop.  It was thrashing.  I would have had no more luck sending remote commands than any of you had trying to play while this was going on.

Crabster

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Apr 29, 2010, 06:15 PM
In all fairness, this is one of those situations where me having remote access would not have resolved anything.

Something got the server caught up in a loop.  It was thrashing.  I would have had no more luck sending remote commands than any of you had trying to play while this was going on.
u should have been on the first plane out to the server then...

Bahaus

I can Haz level 90?

Crabster

i kissed my cousin and his name was kyle

Fermouth

Wow.  I always knew something was off with you.  No wonder you always hang on sight of guys.  You don't want to be seen with Kyle.
Broadcast from Stinkyhaze "please dont take me to the bathroom, will"

JayhawkNative

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Apr 29, 2010, 06:15 PM

One word:  Windows

Ok, two more:  Massive Fail  heh..

seriously if anyone is truly "upset" over this.. it's a beta, no one's making money off it, it's for fun, no one's gonna die due to 12 hours of missed experience!!  It's not like everyone else is making exp and you aren't.

If anything it forced some people to hopefully go enjoy some other past time (in my case 4 hours of yard work).