Reroll and Entering the game:

Started by The Crazy Animal, Feb 05, 2006, 01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

I was thinking the other day about the problem with reroll and thought maybe a new way to do it would make it easier to do and also give some new options to sysops that want to let players have multiple characters. Basically what I was thinking was give each account character slots. At the game menu you would have the following options:

Main Menu:
[N] Add Character
[D] Delete Character
[E] Enter with Character
Blah blah blah further options

Delete character would drop you at a sub menu that would look like this:

Pick character to delete:
1: Character Name, Race, Class, Level
2: Character Name, Race, Class, Level
3: Character Name, Race, Class, Level
Enter character number to delete or enter X to return to main menu:

When you delete a character it copies an exp percent into credits from that character slot and then removes that character slot.

Add character would put you though the normal character creation steps and drop you into the game. If you had previously deleted a character it would add the credited exp into this new characters exp total.

Enter with character would put you at a menu like this:

Pick character to enter game:
1: Character Name, Race, Class, Level
2: Character Name, Race, Class, Level
3: Character Name, Race, Class, Level
Enter character number to play or enter X to return to main menu:

What do you think? I know this is a bit astray from mmud but something new isn?t always bad.

TCA

Vitoc

I thought about implementing this earlier but decided it might not be a good idea.? The problem with one player having multiple characters is that the player can only have one of those players in the realm at any given time.? That means all the limited items on the other characters are just sitting there on the characters being unused even though the owner is playing the game with another of their characters.? I think it would be better to have people create duplicate accounts if they want another character, which sould result in more characters in the realm at one time.

The Crazy Animal

Not to push you towards this but hoarding items and non-used characters is always going to be a problem.

DeathCow

Could always allow multiple connections to the same account. :p

The Crazy Animal

True but then you would need to have a way to knock your account off line if it gets ghosted..

Ice_Hole

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Feb 15, 2006, 02:44 PM
True but then you would need to have a way to knock your account off line if it gets ghosted..

Would just have timeout set to a few minutes.

I would say, have number of characters per account sysop settable, and # of instances of one account online sysop settable.  Then it could be ran however seen fit.

Would also be nice to work in some sort of IP filter actually within the server software, where the sysop could easily tell which IP's were logging in to which account, and flag the sysop if say one IP had 3+ characters on (Again sysop settable).  This way, boards could enforce the rules easily.  Without some sort of proxy checking these things, etc.  And it would associate the IP with the accounts.  And you would know which IP's are in which accounts.  SO accounts could be banned accordingly.

- Ice_Hole