Now an edited board on MudList

Started by Elpres, May 03, 2010, 07:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pentagruel

Quote3. If someone on the PVP site (or any other board listed as "Stock") begins scripting cloaked, it too will be placed in the same column.

This is possibly the dumbest thing anyone has ever said.  What you are saying is that whether a board is edited or not depends on what the players do, and not on the actual realm.  So if the top 3 players on non-pvp stop scripting, that somehow makes the realm non edited, but if they start, it makes it edited?  You are obviously retarded.   
Non edited simply means it uses the same dats as were released by metro.

Now it is true that because the rgen on gmud is higher than on mmud, one could say all of gmud is edited, but then both realms should be in the edited column.  As was suggested already, the best solution might be to put both realms in a seperate list since they use a different engine, but it is absurd to have the exact same realms be in two different lists simply because of the action of the players.

Teferi

Quote from: pentagruel on May 07, 2010, 08:23 AM

This is possibly the dumbest thing anyone has ever said.  What you are saying is that whether a board is edited or not depends on what the players do, and not on the actual realm.

Yes. We have already established this. The list started with only a few realms and grew.  There were (at first) clearly Edited vs Stock boards.  Then, there were boards that had very unbalanced rules (2x exp, no limited items,etc). Now these realms use the same databases, but I put them in the Edited class because (see the previous post).  However, at no time, even with scaled exp did any of these boards ever come close to 30mil/hr on a sustained basis. 

Since I am obviously a retard please help me:
  If it bothers you that the word *Edited* is used instead of *Unbalanced*, or *Crybabies* or that youre too elitist to be grouped in with other boards (who have put a lot of time and effort into their muds like yourselves) make those the issues. Youre not going to convince me that allowing such ridiculous things as scripting a boss for 30mil/hr is balanced and makes being ranked with 30 something other realms that dont, valid. 

I will gladly speak to Vitoc in the realm, phone, or something else if there are still questions.  I have said my peace here.  If you dont like it, vote with your mouse and use turbo sentry.  My goal is to be fair and balanced (like Fox news).  Call me Bill O.

Excarkun

:D :D :D ;D :D ;D
this is so  damn fumy how stupid some of you are.
This is so oblivious you Care-bear/ pussy relmers are getting your panties in a bunch over this mans web site and his DEFINITION of Edited/Stock realms

Does it really matter??
Is your worlds going to end?
Will your kids not get feed by the end of the day?
Can u still log in and play in your FREE SAFE pussy realm?

Do most of you children haft a call a grown man names over his definition? Has any of you just simply asked him to changed his definition WITHOUT ACTING LIKE A 13yr's and Calling him silly names first ?
I saw only one Vitoc..that acting like an Adult about it.

Teferi . Please just change your titles of the realms to EXp gain or something. Because It Understood that even in reg-mud you can get that  29,827 per hr EXp gains if your setup right and  lvl 65 +.
I'm betting just most don't have the knowledge, I 'll admit I didn't know about it.

And once you do lets put this to rest so the Children of the Wussy Realm can stop crying. And you got to stop the conspiracies I told this won't Work.. 8) ;D :D ;)

pentagruel

Quote from: Teferi on May 07, 2010, 08:47 AM
Yes. We have already established this. The list started with only a few realms and grew.  There were (at first) clearly Edited vs Stock boards.  Then, there were boards that had very unbalanced rules (2x exp, no limited items,etc). Now these realms use the same databases, but I put them in the Edited class because (see the previous post).  However, at no time, even with scaled exp did any of these boards ever come close to 30mil/hr on a sustained basis. 

A realm with double exp is not stock.  Having unlimited lims isnt stock either.  These are database changes. 
Figuring out how to script a stock realm for more exp than most idiots know how to get in no ways changes the database. 
Maybe make a seperate list of realms with idiots vs realms with people who know how to script?  BTW, I havent played mud in a while, but its just fun poking fun at your idiocy.

Ariel

Just get Greatermud out of mudlist. GMUD doesn't need Mudlist to survive.

schwagg

Quote from: Excarkun on May 07, 2010, 08:55 AM
I have an unfulfilling life, so I need to piss on everyone else's interests to feel better about myself.
Because It Understood that even in reg-mud you can get that  35 mil per hr EXp gains if your setup right and  lvl 65 +.
I'm betting just most don't have the knowledge, I 'll admit I didn't know about it.

Fixed

DeathCow

Quote from: Ariel on May 08, 2010, 11:16 AM
Just get Greatermud out of mudlist. GMUD doesn't need Mudlist to survive.

We could easily just provide that information on our main page, in real time too.

Silvix

Wow. I'm at a loss for words on this one. GMUD non-pvp is edited now eh? Apparently, he's never played here. As stated 5 or 6 times, the reason the xp rates are so high in gmud is the fact of higher monster regen. In non pvp vs. pvp it's also simply this, since no one stated it yet:

No one gets attacked by other players in non pvp.. Therefore, you are able to script 24/7, 365 days a year without interuption. In pvp, you die overnight all the time from pvp interaction. Knowing this BASIC fact, of course you'd make more in non pvp, you're never hanging up!

This really is a stupid topic.

Teferi

Quote from: Silvix on May 11, 2010, 01:39 PM
Wow. I'm at a loss for words on this one. GMUD non-pvp is edited now eh? Apparently, he's never played here. As stated 5 or 6 times, the reason the xp rates are so high in gmud is the fact of higher monster regen. In non pvp vs. pvp it's also simply this, since no one stated it yet:

No one gets attacked by other players in non pvp.. Therefore, you are able to script 24/7, 365 days a year without interuption. In pvp, you die overnight all the time from pvp interaction. Knowing this BASIC fact, of course you'd make more in non pvp, you're never hanging up!

This really is a stupid topic.
You have clearly not read any of the previous posts.  I respect your right to brown nose and pile on, however the BASIC FACTS that you state are not, and have not, been the issue here.  If you want to contribute to discussion please at least take the time to read and understand the problem instead of continuing to spread information based on false premises.

Silvix

Quote from: Elpres on May 03, 2010, 07:17 PM
The concern was that the top 3 in non-pvp have way too much exp and so because noone else (on regmud I guess) is making that amount of exp/hr then this must be an edited board. this was brought up because there is a huge gap between 1-3 and 4.

This is what started it... THE FIRST POST. I responded accordingly. I read the rest and they all deviate from this post.

Demtri

Quote from: Teferi on May 11, 2010, 04:18 PM
You have clearly not read any of the previous posts.  I respect your right to brown nose and pile on, however the BASIC FACTS that you state are not, and have not, been the issue here.  If you want to contribute to discussion please at least take the time to read and understand the problem instead of continuing to spread information based on false premises.

Have you won the Asshole of the Month Award?

First you come to us and accuse of us of editing.  Clearly we are not.  I have to say, Is it so hard to say Wow they found a way to beat the system, with out editing? and I can bet that other people are making 30mil an hr just not wasting time to have it listed on your site.  I seriously doubt you have EVERY Mud listed.  You have made very valid points on why you choose to list us as edited, its your site you can do that, but on the other hand you refuse to listen to our points. So  You can call this post worthless and do everything you can to bash me. I give a damn.  You do not want to respect us, our board or anything else. Then why even keep coming back to talk to us about it?

Have a wonderful day.

?I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.?
"Aleister Crowley"

Teferi

Quote from: Demtri on May 11, 2010, 04:31 PM
Have you won the Asshole of the Month Award?
Ive been called every name in the book before I even posted here. And the post I just responded to called this thread stupid.  The guy had not even read the real problem.

If you guys looked hard enough you would find that I play, and hence do respect and care about this project. 
You might also find that the term Edited has been exchanged. 

You too, have a wonderful day.

Demtri

I like that     Individually Ranked, its classy. Thank you for your consideration on our efforts.
I was not name calling, I was just saying  that hostility does not work, I understand that tempers can fly, and god can they with this game.  I have an off sense of humor. So while it was not funny to anyone else it was funny to me. I still would like to see Greatermud in it own place on your site. 

Your site is wonderful, and helpful to the community and for that I have to say Thanks.

Signing out..
Dem

?I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning.?
"Aleister Crowley"

Silvix

I was responding to the first post in the thread. I read what it was about, about us being ranked as an 'edited board'. Thank you for re-classifying GMUD. Some players on GMUD have been here for years, including myself, and we get a little upset about ppl bashing it :) You may not have intended to bash it but we responded how we always do.

DeathCow