Backstab defense not coded

Started by DeathCow, May 04, 2010, 09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeathCow

Ptery surprise punches big slime beast for 56 damage!
Sterling surprise impales big slime beast for 115 damage!
The slime beast dissolves into a mass of reeking flesh.

Not that its a big deal, but normally you won't see people trying to backstab the slime beast because he has a high backstab defense value(40 I believe).  Backstab defence is additional AC that is used exclusively to defend against backstab attacks, it is found in the monster database and every monster in the game has a value for it, although many have a value of 0.

PTERY

I didn't know that, but it does play into my plan of leveling as inefficiently as possible.

DeathCow

No real reason for anyone to know about it.  It was a vague detail in the monster database that I helped syntax figure out years ago.

Vitoc

Cool, this won't be too difficult to add in.

We should probably make it an ability instead of a special column in the mobs table, so with content additions Players can gain BS defense with certain items (ie. backplate, turtle shell, wow I should be a content creator NOT).

We'll set up the NMRDBConverter to update mobs to have that ability with the corresponding value.

DeathCow

Quote from: Vitoc on May 05, 2010, 02:08 PM
Cool, this won't be too difficult to add in.

We should probably make it an ability instead of a special column in the mobs table, so with content additions Players can gain BS defense with certain items (ie. backplate, turtle shell, wow I should be a content creator NOT).

We'll set up the NMRDBConverter to update mobs to have that ability with the corresponding value.

Sounds fine too me, let me know if you need help finding the value in the database..I'll go over the various databases in the next few days to see if there are any other random values that have been overlooked.