Also suspended...sigh

Started by Mersinary, Feb 07, 2011, 03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mersinary

You have been suspended by Gardner Denver until 2/7/2011 4:47:58 AM - Reason: hang bug

Please select a realm: 2
G R E A T E R  M U D v0.8.4015.34358 (Dec 29 2010 19:05:17)
{A Legacy Reborn}
*ANSI RECOMMENDED*

[E] . Enter the Realm
[C] . Game Counts
[T] . Topten Adventurers
[G] . Topten Gangs
[W] . Who's in the Realm
[X] . Exit Game

[GREATERMUD]: e
Black Cave, Glowing Tunnel
You notice diamond earrings, astral staff here.
Also here: fat mind flayer, fierce mind flayer, nasty mutant spider, short mind flayer, short dark-elf hunter, tall mind flayer.
Obvious exits: east, west
The room is dimly lit
[HP=225/MA=137]:e

Yea I aint gonna lie, I was hangbugging...But what the hell you supposed to do again 2+ mindflayers in a single room.  It's ridiculious.  You're either forced to die.  Try to get help from friends (which I have none).  Or hangbug out.,  And honestly the only place I've hangbugged was like twice and that was in black caves because of mindflayers.

Not that it's really part of the topic.  But what the hell is up with my gear dropping like it's a hangpen due to monsters?

Just looking for this to be lifted.

Mersinary

Ehh for the hell of it.  From me to Gardner.

"Just emailing you regarding the suspension...

Pretty sure you've read my post about lifting my suspension on the gmud forums, maybe not.  I understand I made a comment saying I was hangbugging.  But to tell the truth I dont even feel this is the case...I was entering/hanging continuiously trying to get stun to wear off.  It's been something you could do in majormud forever, and I dont see really how it's any different in greatermud.  While I was trying/attempting to move when stun finially wore off I use msen and try to move.

On another note I've used this retarded hangbug a total of 2 times.  Also it's hard enough sometimes just trying to kill 1 mindflayer cause it can chain sleep you for a ridiculious about of rounds.  2 mindflayers can chain stun you for almost forever.  3+ mindflayers it's impossible to get away.  I hope you put some understanding into this and perhaps investigate something (by either asking a person what they're doing, or by some other means).  I dont exactly feel enter/hanging should be a forced assumption that a person is using the hangbug.  You suspended someone earlier for training and assuming they were hangbugging...How does that even happen?  You exit/enter the realm to train/train stats...Though I dont know the any part of the situation on that idea.  But all the same I don't see how it ends up being a, oops, sorry, you're unsuspended type of a deal.

Sigh...While I wasn't intentionally trying to make this email long...Since when is hangbugging against the rules?  All of the people scripting death mist been hangbugging every day for however long now, and it's been ridiculious...But now since I guess they finially have their path clear or whatever and they're making their +10mil/exphr, you're gonna start babysitting and enforcing against the hangbug?  I'd see Deathcow/Hammer/Shadow/Padre and quite a few others every morning and throughout other times of the day hangbugging for ridiciuliously unusual amounts of time..I seen Sal hanging/entering the other day for like, I wanna say 2hrs, I remember my backscroll in my convo box showing atleast an hr of it.  Hanging/Entering sometimes 5-10 times in a minute..."