Suggestions for new PVP realm

Started by PTERY, Jun 08, 2011, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PTERY

-Daily floor sweeps of all items (stashes are gay. I *will* stash if this rule is not implemented.)
-Max # of lims per IP (I realize this will not stop hoarding but I think it would be an effective deterrent).
-No Gardner involvement once the realm has begun. He stepped down and appointed two replacements so there is no reason he should even enter the realm except to chat or play a character.

Gardner Denver

Daily floor sweeps are a serious pain in the ass.  No.

I am still a sysop and as such it will be required for me to get involved in things that the mudops can not resolve.

Mersinary

Quote from: Ptery on Jun 08, 2011, 08:27 PM
-Daily floor sweeps of all items
-Max # of lims per IP (I realize this will not stop hoarding but I think it would be an effective deterrent).
-No Gardner involvement once the realm has begun. He stepped down and appointed two replacements so there is no reason he should even enter the realm except to chat or play a character.

Daily floor sweeps of all items?  Stupid...Some items are just plain ridiculious to try to get, being 1% drop and all.  Spider Silk Trousers for example (not that they're any good in greatermud anyhow since dodge fuckin blows), and stormmetal greataxe's, storm crown, bleh bleh bleh.  btw   It was you and your crew playing musical characters with a bunch of limited items and rare gear this push after white gh started getting raided.

I vote for no Deathcow this push.  

PTERY

Yeah and I'll stash like no one's ever seen unless it's outlawed or something's done to prevent it.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Ptery on Jun 08, 2011, 08:54 PM
Yeah and I'll stash like no one's ever seen unless it's outlawed or something's done to prevent it.

If your goal next push is to be a griefer I have ways of dealing with that.

Mersinary

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Jun 08, 2011, 08:59 PM
If your goal next push is to be a griefer I have ways of dealing with that.

Hopefully it doesn't involve banning/suspending half the realm...

twogirlz

PVP gmud is pretty much pure griefing, it's kinda the purpose.

Thesifer

Yeah, I've never understood Gardners hatred for griefing.  What does he think PVP Mud is?  Fluffy Pink Bunny Land?

Seriously..  I don't see anything in Ptery's post that is "against any rules" common sense rules, written rules, or otherwise.

Fail.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: twogirlz on Jun 08, 2011, 09:44 PM
PVP gmud is pretty much pure griefing, it's kinda the purpose.

The purpose is to find and report bugs that are specific to PVP so we can get them fixed.

Thesifer

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Jun 08, 2011, 10:56 PM
The purpose is to find and report bugs that are specific to PVP so we can get them fixed.

Finding and reporting bugs is best done when the realm is running like a regular realm.  If you send people out to play with kid gloves, they'll never find the real issues.

People not actively trying to "Break" things would have never proved how big of a disaster errors in GreaterMUD Code like "Tip Coffin" can be.

twogirlz

I still stick by 1 character per IP, but i can't wait to see the realm cap out, will be a good stress test.

Thesifer

Quote from: Ptery on Jun 08, 2011, 08:54 PM

Don't worry Ptery, it's in the current rules.  You can grief the realm as per Gardner's permission

"Since we will have a pvp realm, griefers will be encouraged to play on that realm."

Prescience

Has 'tip coffin' been fixed? Is there a formal rule against it now?

Both questions are paramount in trying to decide if I should be a halfling thief or a gaunt-one thief next push...

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Prescience on Jun 10, 2011, 01:55 PM
Has 'tip coffin' been fixed? Is there a formal rule against it now?

No and yes respectively.