Realm Reset! 10th of June

Started by twogirlz, May 31, 2011, 02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MudHunter

Quote from: Lucifer on Jun 04, 2011, 05:33 PM
then u should have seen the lucis last 2 caps he posted last week of killing qmezlcunts mage

Yeah, cuz I was actually trying hard. Note, I didnt even bother with slep. ::)

Anyways, I dont see how you can reasonably enforce the dupe rule. I know a most people dupe, but dont get caught.

Its moot, cuz I really dont think the pvp real will be policed fairly, so...

Thesifer

A lot of people aren't even technically "duping" if you follow the rule strictly.  They just have a friend start a computer with MegaMud and run it daily.  Which isn't duping, but it's definitely 'getting around it.'  And impossible to police unless the realm is 24/7 Live.

Mersinary

.......I'd love to finially see a delay implemented into the top list update.  Yea, it's been discussed before and the idea wasn't very popular.  Also the op's apparently didn't understand the idea and meaning behind it like they were a buncha morons or somethin.....I dunno. shrug   Not some crap where it doesn't show exp at all on the top list...Hell, just make the exp update maybe once an hour.  Atleast that way people can maybe try to find people by tracking a players exp/hr and not by exp/kill.  Instant updates of the top list and peoples exp tracking programs ruined this game big time imo.  Tracking exp/kill/update by hand, doing it manually was fine imo because it took more time and took more patience for a player to track and find somebody.  But program tracking is just too easy now and basically takes away any/all skill/effort

Also...Stashes were being completely swept/flushed when op's (gardner) came across a item that surpassed the 20day inactive mark.  Sweep the item that was inactive for that long, not the whole stash.  Numerous times I've seen items get swept/flushed that was just obtained and basically had no chance to be put to use.  

Quit letting dupes/inactive chars, and level 1 chars and characters that are out of pvp range of everybody hoard gear.  Was too much of this shit going on.  

Implement something to improve ganghouse guards.  Shit is too easily raidable.  Perhaps make them stationary so they cant be dragged.  I'd also love to see guardians alert gangmembers if they are being attacked/killed.  Is this doable in any way?  Maybe some kinda coding flags linked between guardians alerting people that have emblems and/or keyrings?  I like this idea.

And fix the gawd damn dodge...It's friggen pathetic how it is now.  Perhaps just put it how it was before when it was overpowered but put a dodge cap on it.  Perhaps even a dodge cap per level so that way it can scale a lil' bit by level.  Or some crap..I dunno.  How it works now is just terrible.  Best place a dodge based character could script is basically reef/lagoon, cause the mobs accuracy is that area is so low.  Can basically do taslois at some point (maybe) but it's hard to get that much +dodge %.  Hell, basically at this point I dont see what the problem is with the old majormud dodge formula since this new greatermud dodge formula is so out of wack.

...And I can't really believe I'm sittin here writing up ideas for this crap.  bah fuckin humbug.  sigh

twogirlz

If it was up to me then:

- Items swept from camped players after 48 or 24 hours, (face it you died, get over it and keep playing and if you are afk for 48 hours then you technically aren't really playing anyway)
- Definitely a delay in the top updates, tracking exp and determining area is a REALLY REALLY lame map hack.
- Dodge is still not right i think it needs to be the same as it is now for pvp but pve it needs to be what it was before, maybe 1-2% less (scaled)
- No dupes
- Yeh GH raiding is a part of the game deal with it, maybe make the guards scale more or spawn quicker.
- If i am sweeping items i will not sweep the entire stash so do not worry
- Luci should get 30 lives cap instead of the normal 9 just so everyone can kill him more before he rerolls!:)
Overall the game is more fun when there is item circulation, some of the drop % should be altered but overall they are mostly balanced

y2duhh

An op should never say something stupid like, its part of the game dealing with it. This is why you are a shitty op and will be and should have never been one.   He wasn't in anyway saying GH raiding shouldn't happen all is he was saying is in its present form there is no real way to protect against a GH raid and there should be more ways than just a couple of shiitty guards that should be moved around by level 30. GH shhould be upgradeable and are useless the way they are now after a certain amount of time.

Jigga

Any idea on what time? Preferably at night =)
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

twogirlz

Quote from: y2duhh on Jun 07, 2011, 10:01 AM
An op should never say something stupid like, its part of the game dealing with it. This is why you are a shitty op and will be and should have never been one.   He wasn't in anyway saying GH raiding shouldn't happen all is he was saying is in its present form there is no real way to protect against a GH raid and there should be more ways than just a couple of shiitty guards that should be moved around by level 30. GH shhould be upgradeable and are useless the way they are now after a certain amount of time.

I am in agreement...to clarify; the issue is this that this is residual from majormud and greatermud unfortunately inherits most if not all of the issues that majormud has until development is complete and then improvements can be made.  And if you read the second part of the line I was inferring that i was in agreement as well; making them stationary and spawn twice as fast would be better.

Glad to see you are passionate about it though

Crabster

Quote from: twogirlz on Jun 07, 2011, 06:56 PM

Glad to see you are passionate about it though

im passionate about Xrumer

Crabster

Quote from: twogirlz on Jun 06, 2011, 10:43 PM
If it was up to me then:

- Items swept from camped players after 48 or 24 hours, (face it you died, get over it and keep playing and if you are afk for 48 hours then you technically aren't really playing anyway)

disagree.....if 3 or 4 bone heads wanna camp someone for a week then let em camp....they arent exping the whole time they are sitting there....granted ive seen yalls camping strategy in the past where yall run shifts....but thats still enemy players that are losing days of exp....part strategy....

Xrumer > twogirlz

Gardner Denver

I've been away for a few days, so I'm going to answer several things in one post.

Shut down the board:  Friday, 6pm Mountain Time (7pm Central)
Open back up: Satuday, Noon Mountain Time (1pm Central)

The no dupe rule on pvp is to hard to enforce.  There are to many ways around it.  It's more of a headache than I really care for. 

Holding accounts will be stripped on sight.  Level 1's loaded with limited items will not be allowed. 

1st kill drops will be placed on monsters in both realms.  Let the race begin!

Limited item restrictions for dupes on non pvp WILL remain in place as will no limited items in your gang house.

There will be no rules on the pvp realm other than report all bugs you find and do not abuse known bugs and no scripting instant regen boss monsters (death mist for example)

y2duhh

Can you clarify the dupe rule is too hard to enforce comment? we can dupe? how many dupes? can they all be on at the same time? blah blah blah.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: y2duhh on Jun 08, 2011, 01:57 PM
Can you clarify the dupe rule is too hard to enforce comment? we can dupe? how many dupes? can they all be on at the same time? blah blah blah.

Yes you will be allowed to dupe, no there will not be limits on the # of dupes or the number you have online at the same time.

Yes I realize that some people won't like this but half the people who played here had dupes by using friends computers, work, school, etc.  It's just to much of a hassle at this time to try and keep up with all of it.

y2duhh

That's just awful, we all thought twogirlz was a huge duper and as soon as u make the mistake of making him an op now umlimited duping how stupid, why not appoint a useful op duping is not that hard to control.

interchange

Too bad I'm going to a concert saturday then out of town sunday. Was hoping to at least get a character scripting somewhere before I left.  Oh well, I can deal with a 4 day setback :)

kalus

How do you define a holder account?

Is a level 20 sitting in bank holding lims making 0 exp a holder?

Level 20 sitting in bank for 95% of the time, holding lims and making minimal exp a holder? etc....