Realm Reset! 10th of June

Started by twogirlz, May 31, 2011, 02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardner Denver

Quote from: y2duhh on Jun 08, 2011, 04:30 PM
That's just awful, we all thought twogirlz was a huge duper and as soon as u make the mistake of making him an op now umlimited duping how stupid, why not appoint a useful op duping is not that hard to control.

This is my decision.  Nobody else had any input on it.  I haven't talked to Twogirlz since the day after the reset was announced.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: kalus on Jun 08, 2011, 07:05 PM
How do you define a holder account?

Is a level 20 sitting in bank holding lims making 0 exp a holder?

Level 20 sitting in bank for 95% of the time, holding lims and making minimal exp a holder? etc....

I define a holder the same way I defined a holder in this push.  I can see the location of the limited items, I can see if the player holding them is active or not.  If you (not you specifically, you as in whoever is reading this) want to keep limited items out of play then I would strongly suggest a good gang house and/or a good stash point.

Jigga

Is it possible to at least limit the amount of connects from one IP address at a time?

I know how much of a pain it is to keep track of dupes but people are going to get out of control and have 10 characters each.
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

PTERY

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Jun 08, 2011, 07:18 PM
This is my decision.  Nobody else had any input on it.  I haven't talked to Twogirlz since the day after the reset was announced.

Whoa whoa you stepped down as op and appointed two replacements. Please do not be involved in the new PVP realm.

Mersinary

Quote from: Ptery on Jun 08, 2011, 08:22 PM
Whoa whoa you stepped down as op and appointed two replacements. Please do not be involved in the new PVP realm.

He's still a sysop...

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Jigga on Jun 08, 2011, 08:20 PM
Is it possible to at least limit the amount of connects from one IP address at a time?

I know how much of a pain it is to keep track of dupes but people are going to get out of control and have 10 characters each.

Are you going to monitor it and enforce it?

twogirlz

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Jun 08, 2011, 08:35 PM
Are you going to monitor it and enforce it?

I will, i say you can dupe as much as you want but its one char per IP, at least make it harder than having 10 versions of mega running on one PC. Comments?

Thesifer

That doesn't make much sense.  Either allow dupes, or not.  Or allow a set number of connects from an IP. 

Not everyone has "Friends" that can 'help' them out.  And not everyone wants to run through the hoops of masking IPs.   

Basically TwoGirlz is just asking for the "same thing we tried before that didn't work.."

twogirlz

Quote from: Lanzino on Jun 08, 2011, 09:52 PM
That doesn't make much sense.  Either allow dupes, or not.  Or allow a set number of connects from an IP. 

Yeh, one per IP, none the less not my decision what ever Gard wants in this case will go, its probably a good way to stress test the board.

Thesifer

Quote from: twogirlz on Jun 08, 2011, 10:02 PM
Yeh, one per IP, none the less not my decision what ever Gard wants in this case will go, its probably a good way to stress test the board.

I just know there are plenty of people with "friends" and some are just masking IPs..   So either allow it.  Or go after those using "Shadow accounts" but that's nearly impossible to enforce.

y2duhh

I'll monitor and enforce it.

Thesifer

It's impossible to monitor and enforce.  Unless the realm is 100% live.  You've claimed people were dupes plenty of times that I know they weren't.  So I know your "Enforcement" isn't accurate.

y2duhh

who did i claim was a dupe that wasnt? if i have access to enforce it i will be able to actually monitor it and enforce

Thesifer

Access wouldn't really help.  How do you prove someone is a multi if they are running from a completely different location?  As in..  "I get friend A down the street to login, and set up mega. Bring Friend A with me everywhere."   

He isn't a "Multi" as I'm not playing him and he isn't on my IP, but everyone knows that would be a multi - they just can't prove it.

y2duhh

there is alot of ways to show dupes depending on how much logging GM allows, I showed Gardner quite a few ways to look into dupes last push and I showed him a few ways one certain IP was doing it when he gave me the IP but he said he wasn't going to research each IP that way, I would gladly do it.