Necromancer

Started by Draige, Feb 16, 2006, 07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

I like making things more interesting. I'd like nothing more than seeing prestige offer lots of plot twists for characters and opportunities for classes to share skills. I would also like to see special prestige classes open up for different classes at different level brackets.

So you might have a Priest become a Necromancer, Bishop, or stay a Priest. The Priest that stayed the same might later be able to also become say a Sin-Eater which would be a more specialized necromancer that is more Priest then Necromancer and was not available earlier in levels when the prestige classes first begin to open up.

Things like this make it so that players that expore the game with each class will find special things if they look in the right places at the right times. It also makes replays more interesting because your not stuck in the same mold each time you reroll to say your favorite class.

TCA

scratacorn

I've got the game, if anyone wants the old mbbs software and TA let me know. I've also got an editor for it, I think, gonna have to look and see where i put the stuff.  you can see how old school TA was played in the quest for the, well i forgot. some rune......=)

scratacorn

||                Necrolyte Spells               ||
+==============+=======================+====+=====+
|Spell         |Translation            |Mana|Price|
+--------------+-----------------------+----+-----+
|Teka          |Minor Injury           |  1 |  10 |
|Dobuza        |Poison Dart            |  2 |  12 |
|Kamaza        |Mana Dart              |  2 |  15 |
|Yilazi        |Life Steal             |  3 |  18 |
|Kateka        |Injury                 |  3 |  20 |
|Dakima        |Acid Stream            |  4 |  30 |
|Tamikar       |Energy Burst           |  4 |  50 |
|Giteka        |Greater Injury         |  5 |  75 |
|Dobumaru      |Poison Mist            |  5 |  90 |
|Kamazadaku    |Mana Dart Storm        |  5 | 120 |
|Timimaru      |Fear Mist              |  6 | 135 |
|Kusateka      |Deific Injury          |  6 | 150 |
|Dakidaku      |Acid Storm             |  7 | 225 |
|Dobudakidaku  |Poison Acid Storm      |  8 | 325 |
+==============+=======================+====+=====+

} T Tele-arena

scratacorn

sorry, too busy to fix that

The Crazy Animal

Heres somemore spell ideas:

Cursed Weapon ? Give weapon wielder a chance hit of drain life ?self only?
Greater Cursed Weapon ? Give weapon wielder a chance hit of drain life and drain mana ?self only?
Rotting Breath ? Entropy Breath causes rotting damage to target.
Haunting Curse ? Causes a PC or NPC to be haunted, Spirits can be seen only by the target
Corpse Skin - +Rcol, -Rfir, +DR,
Dark Pact ? Control Undead
Animate Dead ? would be cool if bodies remained on ground for 5 minutes and you could reanimate them.
Death Pangs ? Causes damage and intense pain that disrupts a PC or NPCs actions.
Plague Crafter - causes disease tick down damage
Summon Spirit
Summon Zombie
Summon Zombie Wolf
Summon Skeleton
Summon Skeletal Warrior
Summon Shade
Summon Wraith
Exorcism - Causes damage to undead.
Exorcize minion ? destroys a summoned undead creature no exp gained.
Lich Eyes: Nightvision, See hidden for x rounds.

Wraith?s Form: +Rcol, -Rfir, +enc, stealth, ban pick up, , deny services, give temp spell set.
Temp Spell set ? is in addition to already known spells
Sap Streagth -10 str to target
Chilled Touch: causes cold damage
Unholy Stench: Chokes target with noxious fumes
Non-corporeal: Allows pc to walk through doors, Bans player from attacking with attack command
Dispel Form:? returns the character to their normal form
* Auto-spell: Chance drain mana from hit
* negate ? bleeding spells
* Undead Status ? bans normal heal spells

Lich Form: +Mana%, +Mregen, -HPregen, +Rcol, -Rfir, +Rpois, deny services, give temp spell set.
Temp Spell set ? in addition to already known spells.
Withering Touch: causes tick down damage to player
Entropy Blast
Greater Corpse Skin +DR ?+Rcol similar negatives are already in place?
Sap power: shock shield effect that steals mana from spells cast at player
Summon Spirit Horde
Summon Boneswalker ? beefed up skeletal warrior
Dispel Form: returns the character to their normal form
* Auto-spell: Chance drain life from hit
* night vision

Greater Lich Form: +Mana%, +Mregen, -HPregen, +Rcol, -Rfir, +Rpois, deny services, give temp spell set.
Temp Spell set ? in addition to already known spells.
Withering Touch: Causes tick down damage to player
Paralyzing Touch: Causes chance action fail to player
Entropy Blast
Summon Spirit Horde
Summon Demon Hound
Summon Bones-walker ? beefed up skeletal warrior
Summon Greater Bones-walker ? beefed up boneswalker
Withering Presence: Causes damage to PCs and NPCs in the room with the player.. ?follows caster?
Dispel Form: returns the character to their normal form
* Auto-spell: Chance drain life from hit
* Night Vision
* See Hidden
* +DR

Draige

Those spells look like a great start my man. I was wondering if there is a list of classes already decided on, IE mmud copy, or if you guys are going to develop more on top of those or start from scratch and develop from there.

The Crazy Animal

I don't think there is an actual list of all of them in the forums yet but the basic mmud classes will be in the starting line up of the game from what I've seen. I sent a message to DC about it maybe he'll post a list for us.

TCA

Ian

A couple of ideas for necromancers (as usual, something I stole from a book somewhere sometime), they use the dead to strengthen their spells.
So they may have a spell Necromantic bolt or some shit, that does a standard damage, but if they harness the power of the dead (presumably by carrying a corpse with them), it adds damage/effects to the spell.  The damage added could depend on the level/exp of the monster carcass in question.

To rip from another source, Diablo II Lord of Destruction, Necromancers might be able to resurrect corpses/skeletons that are lying around as friendlies (similar to charming an animal), or (and this is pushing it, but Diablo got away with it) cast spells on the corpses that do room damage and/or poison.

Gives them a little something over the standard magic/combat classes like warlock/gypsy.

Also I believe you need some sort of druid-2 class.  Always thought it was SO stupid that there were druid-2 spells, but no druid-2 class.  Maybe like a Forest Sprite class or something....
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!