Prev and Aura

Started by Xeeg, May 12, 2012, 09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeeg

Do these work? supposed to be +10 ac vs evil?

Gnor

Most long time players agree that Prev doesn't seem to be working, and never has worked properly in spite of a few "fixes" over the years.

Other secondary ac abilities that don't work: Shadow, AC(Blur), Protection from good(just assuming here, haven't tested this one)

I might be missing some others but that's the lion's share of them.

Thergin

i disagree, that prev is working correctly

Stalkerr

Quote from: Thergin on May 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
i disagree, that prev is working correctly

The formula that I gave to Vitoc for the combat rework included a players total secondary defense.  Assuming that was coded as per the formula provided, then the ability Shadow should be providing AC properly.  I know for a fact that prev is not being used at leas tin some circumstances.  I've not done any testing other than observation.  I've noticed monsters land attacks that should not be able to land attacks.  Its possible that secondary defense was neglected altogether or its possible that prev doesn't work vs monsters or its possible that it doesn't work verse some monster or its possible that prev just doesn't work at all.  Since we discussed how mosnter alignment earlier today, I can just say for Gardner's information that Prev should be applied as secondary defense if the monster is defined as alignment 1, 2, 5, or 6.  Prgd should be applied if the monster is alignment 0 or 4.  While the ability 9 (Shadow) provides a flat 10 bonus secondary defense the abilities Prev, and Prgd provide secondary defense equal to the ability's value.  Secondary defense should be totaled on its own, seperate from AC because there are many instances in which Secondary defense is not applied and if it is used the combat formula should call for it seperately.  blahblhalhbhalhabkdm