attack last

Started by Vile, Sep 23, 2012, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabster

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Sep 28, 2012, 04:09 PM
The variance on charm part seems to not be working, but it wasn't intended to make a huge difference anyhow.

well it appears to me that charm is more of an attractant than a repellant....so whatever it was or was supposed to be or do is neither that nor this.....lets all watch william grays video again before the end of the world....

Stalkerr

Either way, its kind of silly to make Charm into an ability that (could) makes your character worse. 

Vile

It doesn't work correctly on the first round either. It just random 100% of the time, regardless of who is attacking last.

I'm not even engaging here.

Mad moves to attack thin bandit.
The fierce forest spider bites you for 4 damage!
The dark goblin archer shoots you for 12 damage!
The thin bandit slashes you for 8 damage!
The thin bandit slashes you for 5 damage!
Mad critically punches thin bandit for 21 damage!
Mad critically punches thin bandit for 27 damage!
Mad punches thin bandit for 6 damage!

Crabster

Quote from: Vile on Sep 30, 2012, 02:18 AM
It doesn't work correctly on the first round either. It just random 100% of the time, regardless of who is attacking last.

i find thats it not 100% random....im a bard and was last push too and i find i get hit alot more than the ogres and other uglies in my party....sad when a bard and 3 uglies in the party and the bard gets hit 2 or 3 times as often as anyone in the party....it just seems that whatever feature was implimented to make charm work different kinda did the opposite of how it was drawn up on paper...

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Crabster on Oct 01, 2012, 08:27 AM
i find thats it not 100% random....im a bard and was last push too and i find i get hit alot more than the ogres and other uglies in my party....sad when a bard and 3 uglies in the party and the bard gets hit 2 or 3 times as often as anyone in the party....it just seems that whatever feature was implimented to make charm work different kinda did the opposite of how it was drawn up on paper...

Bards are swishy.  They deserve to be beat up more than ogres.

Stalkerr

Quote from: Crabster on Oct 01, 2012, 08:27 AM

I recall from script spiders with bards...they always die, when other class dont have the issue.  I think its the aoe blesses.

Vile

Any word on fixing this? Unless you have plate or dodge, it's next to impossible to survive when you can't hide behind a tank. Removing attack-last from the game and offering no alternative tanking mechanism is just ridiculous any way you slice it.

Gardner said changing attack-last was an attempt to balance the game.. all you have done is unbalance it even more in favour of tanks.

addycorp

This change was made by Gardner at around the same time as a few of his other famous gaffes (practice dummies in webbed lair, false reset announcement, banning Ptery and Teferi).  At the time there was no discussion anywhere that such a change was needed or even desireable.  Since then you've had an attack-last system that doesn't resemble Majormud and is clearly broken.  Mystics, Ninjas and tanks are even more over-powered than they were before due to their ability to survive in parties when they are targetted.