Thoughts on recent changes

Started by Vitoc, May 01, 2013, 09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crabster

Quote from: Stalkerr on May 04, 2013, 02:34 AM
Yeah, I think I might have made a grievous error with bash.  It definitely needs some work.

naa its workin just fine....(for me)  ;D

Stalkerr

Quote from: Crabster on May 04, 2013, 08:28 AM
naa its workin just fine....(for me)  ;D

Yeah, its really strong.  A chunk of that problem is exacerbated by the increased stats seen in the realms.  Like I you could actually have a 75 wh bashing 5s with tree trunk and the right combination of spells.  Obviously thats way out of the realm of what they could do with base stats.  So while I might make a change to bash to make it function more reasonably for now its possible that any change made to it would only need to be very small. 

Some changes that could help with it: adding in a 98% cap to defenses so that a tank will need to build some health early on and not just max str and agility.  I'm considering having the multiplier for bash(which is now 3) changed to be based on weapon type with 2 handed blunts keeping the high end damage and 1 handed sharp the low end.  And maybe increasing the rate at which critical hit rate accumulates through stats so that you can scale into a critical strike build earlier than you could in mmud, cause in mmud you generally just bash until you're qnd with something.  Oh yeah and letting stats like int and agility increase your max damage when you are performing a critical hit.  The idea being that if you wanna be tanky, you can build that way, but if you wanna build damage you can do so and actually contribute damage in a meaningful way.

mr sinister

I heard nothing about the changes until just now.
But my bit is that if you are going to make gypsies spells suck then they should get combat3.
or give them mage-2 spells. would be cool if gypsies got slep IMO

Stalkerr

Quote from: mr sinister on May 05, 2013, 12:25 AM
I heard nothing about the changes until just now.
But my bit is that if you are going to make gypsies spells suck then they should get combat3.
or give them mage-2 spells. would be cool if gypsies got slep IMO

What is this?  I don't even..

Vitoc