Megamud update for Gmud

Started by Winterhawk, Jul 05, 2013, 11:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winterhawk

Hey folks,

I have been working on a gmud specific installer for MegaMUD with updated paths/databases and some GMud specific info. It will install in a new directory c:\gmegamud so it ought not conflict with your existing megamud installs. It will have the greatermud bbs.ini already set up and a default character ini with the usual settings already set up for a non-pvp realm (granted these are my usual settings so mileage may vary) If one of you wants to send me a basic ini for pvp settings I will include that as well.

Here is a list of fixes so far..it may not be complete but if you see anything missing that needs fixing speak up and I will see if I can do it.

path fixes
7/5/2013

fixed mind flayer magus room...set the room to avoid and made a path around it
fixed path to black orc boss..it no longer uses the crumbling tunnels to get there so it's much shorter
did some work on the paths in/out of the Black House..it should try to pick the lock as well as use the key now and I increased the number of keys to keep to 2
added a path to/from the Jail for those unfortunate enough to lose gear to the Sherrif
fixed paths to class trainers in silvermere
fixed silvermere sewers paths
fixed Silvermere sewers loop (removed depraved murderer from the path) and added loops for east half and west half
removed the path link that sent you through green dragons to get to Horner the Hide. It now goes via western road
reworked lava fields paths to not use salamander tubes as a midway point
fixed some paths in Crimson Fort and added a second floor loop
added a loop in the Temple of Fire (crimson priests area)
unlinked the loops for fungus forest and hazy swamp
reworked paths in crypt and level 11 quest halls and added some loops for level 2 and level 3
made a new faster path to spectral knight (yay!) It will still retry once since it sees the closed pasage as a failure, then retries
fixed wererats loop
reworked paths through Negative power plane to avoid regen rooms where possible
added paths from mudpits in jungle to each other and to tree of life avoiding Mamba regen rooms
added some loops in Tasloi area..split upper and lower into separate loops and made a reverse complete loop
made a loop that hits the mamba and gnome merchant regen rooms
made a shorter path across reef to sandy beach if you already have a golden idol, added some loops on the lagoon reef including a loop for coral lobsters
reworked duergar area so the Duergar lord room can be avoided by the loop and added a reverse loop
reworked shadowfist temple to remove Dread mystic from loop and added a reverse loop
added a reverse loop for Rhudaur and made all loops convert cash in step
made the path to/from Rhudaur pick the door as well as use the key
added loop for kobolds without kobold king
fixed loops in rakshashas   
fixed loops in saracens
added a path to massive black worm and added some better loops in worms
worked on dark-elf castle paths and added a few loops
added some loops  in the Hilltop Fortress (slavers)
added some small loops for Amazon Shamans and fixed the large lost city loop
added a missing regen room to the stone giant encampment loop and added a loop that includes the Stone Giant Chieftain
added some loops in storm fort including a reverse loop
reworked the split between Barren Hills and Hill Giant Fort to make the Fort a more distinct script option
Added a 3rd Barren Hills loop in the center that overlaps the east and west side some
added a loop for the small area outside Lalim Whitemane on Storm Mountain
made a black fort loop without bosses
worked on the darkened tunnels paths to new master assasin, only the spell traps aren't searchable so the rest are now set to search out so no more double trap hits on non-trap characters when they go through the traps.
tweaked great pyramid paths and added a loop for the top floor animal-headed warriors
split black dragons into dragons and hatchlings loops
added a better loop for manscorpion shamans
added paths from Horner the Hide to Great Green Dragon and back
tweaked goblin caves loops and added some reverse loops in training area and gladiators
fixed path to minotaur champ (it may still be a bit glitchy due to the database room exits being messed up but it mostly works )
added a loop for the giant snakes in the watery tunnel under the Minotaur champ
added an easier white dragons loop that skips the 2 rooms that regen 3 adolescent dragons and a loop for the white dragons instant regen room
added loops for ice wraiths/golems in frozen tunnels area of the Rocky trail
added a shorter path from King Kulgar to Loremaster
added a requested path to Remik in the Guild of the Ebon Blade
added paths for all 3 level 66-75 easy trainer paths..they start from where you are teleported after buying the training key.
added paths to Hedge Maze and Hedge Maze Bosses and a Hedge Maze loop under a new heading of Ancient Fortress
made a safer Black Wasteland loop (farther from Mind Flayer Magus)
added a path from eastern road to northern road running south of Crystal lake
added a path that takes you through all of the Midnight Unicorn's regen rooms
added some more efficient paths in Blackwood Forest...to/from Webbed Lair and to/from Webbed Lair/Arlysia
reworked paths to Darken Beast Lord, Dreadlord of Blood, and Ancient Gypsy Woman to avoid the garden and shortened Dreadlord paths
made the easy Blackwood forest garden loop easier
added a few instant regen type rooms in Blackwood Forest
rewrote the paths in the Mod 9 graveyard to avoid Deathshrieker regen rooms where possible, there was no way to avoid the one on the way to Death Minion so I set it to not stop or fight in it
added a loop/loops for the Darken Beast Lord area
added in the 8 path split for webbed lair
added a few instant regen type rooms in Blackwood Forest
added a known room and path from the silver river dock in case you wander out into the river it ought to bring you back to the docks (in theory)
added a few paths in silvermere that will allow you to avoid Town Square if you set it as avoid
reworked the paths to/from Fire Twins so there is a known room a few steps out before the magma drips start in case you want to rest and prepare or are afk :)(this one is for Jester) and set the magma drip rooms near on the path to not fight/rest in
added 2 loops in the Sandstone Mine (spiny tentacles)
added a path from Morukai back to Caves of Chaos and adjusted the path to him to ask shadow guard orfeo rather than just ask guard orfeo
made paths to and from Ancient Sand Dragon (both neutral and hostile rooms)

Database Work
removed the line feed for the sounds in Silvermere, Darkwood forest, and Blackwood forest (it sometimes made megamud lose it's place..especially in Silvermere)
added damage messages for extra damage on all weapons
corrected chainmail hauberk entries and some head items..woodelf lord..enigma lord..etc. so they are in the existing database now and not added as new items
added messages for all area spells so megamud recognizes and counts area spell damage in the round damage counter
added some monster entry messages
changed a few attack priorities
changed the swamp message so it doesn't flee now...the addition of black dragons in the swamp made running away a bad idea
added a few messages to help megamud recognize the end of a spell...sandstorm..globe of darkness..tasloi net..giant skeleton shriek..convulsions..web cocoon..banshee wail..entangle...hold/paralyze...etc.

Stalkerr

All the effort you've put into megamud over the years has been amazing..thanks winter.

Gardner Denver

Wait...  Is that THE Winterhawk??? The one who made the paths?

This is my favorite question from noobies lol

Seriously though, I agree with Stalker.  Thanks Winterhawk for all you've done over the years to help the mud community out.  We appreciate it.

jim gilmore

so where do i get this gmud specific version and how do i install it

mad

Yeah

Can you get hold of the source code somehow? :)

Gardner Denver

Quote from: mad on Jul 06, 2013, 09:47 AM
Yeah

Can you get hold of the source code somehow? :)

Winterhawk is doing a major path update along with an installer to put them all in place.  The other part of this will be the gmegamud.exe that I made a few years ago to work specifically with GMud.  Sadly there is no source code for gmegamud.exe.  I had to hex edit in the changes I made.

Vile

You are in contact with Merlin, maybe ask if he would consider making the source available to the community? It's hard to see why he would want to hold on to it at this point and it will benefit all of us.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Vile on Jul 06, 2013, 09:03 PM
You are in contact with Merlin, maybe ask if he would consider making the source available to the community? It's hard to see why he would want to hold on to it at this point and it will benefit all of us.

About the time he quit working on Gigamud he also stopped answering my emails :(  I did send one asking if he would consider releasing the source code to either project, he never replied.

mad

It would have been great to make gigamud a very basic client, and the ability for people to add custom modules to it. 

Winterhawk

Sadly there is no source code available. I seem to remember Merlin saying he didn't even have the source anymore in response to that very question, but I may be misremembering. I don't even think anyone really knows what database program is used. All work I do is done from within the existing program via adding or rewriting rooms and paths or making changes to existing databases .

Winterhawk

jim gilmore

hello winter hawk..not sure howto ue Your paths on my.
Using windows7 starter is a pain...
I did fix the response ffor the Flametongue.
It needs a space added to the last part of the message
" {target} takes {dmg} fire damage !" space added just before the ! near the end.

Stalkerr

Quote from: Winterhawk on Jul 07, 2013, 07:42 AM
Sadly there is no source code available. I seem to remember Merlin saying he didn't even have the source anymore in response to that very question, but I may be misremembering. I don't even think anyone really knows what database program is used. All work I do is done from within the existing program via adding or rewriting rooms and paths or making changes to existing databases .

Winterhawk
It was coded in a proprietary language, I believe that's why the source was never released, because it was worthless without the original software used to code it.

Vile

Unrelated note, when is mod10?

Greater

Quote from: Vile on Jul 07, 2013, 09:07 PM

Things just got real awkward

Vitoc

Quote from: Vile on Jul 07, 2013, 09:07 PM
Office furniture is heavy