Gaunt and See Hidden

Started by mr sinister, Jan 28, 2007, 08:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr sinister

So this has been an issue for awhile. As a Gaunt you can see the hidden but you cannot engage on them unless you search first.
Search also has several flaws. The first issue is when someone is hidden in the room and you search it only says 'You see X hiding in the shadows' but then it does not show you what items are hidden in the room.
Also they remain hidden after you see them.
They other issue is when two people are hidden in a room and it only says 'You see X hiding in the shadows' for the first person who is hidden in the room and not the second.
So i propose that it is made so that if a gaunt can see you hidden in the room that you can engage on them without having to search them out first.
Otherwise if there are two people or more hidden in the room there is no way for me to engage anyone other than the first person who is in the room.

Another issue begins with the instance if I type 'look X' it looks at them.
But if I type 'look    X' (see the multiple spaces) it will look at the first person in the room.
same with all actions.
It should say 'your command had no effect'

Vitoc

I'm going through this in the debug realm right now.  Regarding attacking a seen hidden player, it looks like normal attacks were already working but spells were not.  I just fixed that.  You shouldn't have to search for them anymore.

It's been a while, but I think in MajorMUD when you searched and found someone hidden it also didn't show the items in the message.  Regarding looking with multiple spaces, is that a common occurrence?  I can try to fix it, but it seems like a fringe case.

mr sinister

ya the double space is completely unnecessary. You the man Vitoc!