Torque's Perfect Realm Settings

Started by Torque, Jan 30, 2014, 08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr sinister

well i have used mme and went room to room searching for these stacked rooms and have not been able to find them. are we going off topic.?

Stalkerr

Quote from: mr sinister on Feb 01, 2014, 01:29 AM
well i have used mme and went room to room searching for these stacked rooms and have not been able to find them. are we going off topic.?

Its my understanding that monsters always follow(eventually) until they get to a room where they cant move any further.  So this would naturally happen if someone got lost in the slums wondered around alot and finally found their way back on track....so if this is whats happening the cultists could be in..

1/1125
1/1215
1/1203
1/1198
1/1141
1/1139
1/1490
1/1527
1/985
1/978
1/899
1/877

I guess they could follow to a dead end..if you had more than 40 following your..You'd have 20 in the room with you, 20 in the previous room.  The 20 in the previous room couldnt come in cause max monsters, then the 20 in your room couldnt follow out cause max monsters..I'd think the odds of this happening 'naturally' are pretty slim.  I suppose you could maybe close a door on them..if that even stops following but there are a couple doors in the culthouse.  And then finally if you wanted to be super troll you could suicide somewhere off the beaten path.  Thats about it, there aren't too many rooms they could actually be in.

Torque

Gard prolly should move the follow posts to the follow topic. DC, I've walked past a group of 10 dragons, I've hide/sneak, 8 of them followed, and 2 of them stayed. I just sat there for about 15 minutes because I was distracted and did not see the other 2 move. 'Eventually' could mean 5 years, but I don't feel like testing that

Stalkerr

Quote from: Torque on Feb 01, 2014, 10:28 AM
Gard prolly should move the follow posts to the follow topic. DC, I've walked past a group of 10 dragons, I've hide/sneak, 8 of them followed, and 2 of them stayed. I just sat there for about 15 minutes because I was distracted and did not see the other 2 move. 'Eventually' could mean 5 years, but I don't feel like testing that

Well lets say you were talking about blackdragons
Group 19/60 -- baby black dragon(973)
Group 19/61 -- young black dragon(974)
Group 19/62 -- adolescent black dragon(975)
Group 19/63 -- black dragon hatchling(976)

In greatermud monsters are erronously blocked from entering a room that does not match their index value. So if you were in room 6/412 and moved to room 6/413 the swarm of dragons would follow but the hatchlings wouldn't be able to enter 6/413 so they'd stay in place.

Torque

I see what you're sayin. The particular rooms I witnessed this behavior were in 7/1289 to  7/1291. Any index problems with reds there?

Gardner Denver

Releasing this information only lets people who want to exploit the bugs more ammo to do so with.  I wish he had not released what he did.  Please do not answer the question DC.

Greater

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Feb 01, 2014, 08:18 PM
Releasing this information only lets people who want to exploit the bugs more ammo to do so with.  I wish he had not released what he did.  Please do not answer the question DC.

Do you really think this is a secret? You're sorely mistaken if you do.

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Coarse Horse on Feb 01, 2014, 09:33 PM
Do you really think this is a secret? You're sorely mistaken if you do.

I think it was not known by everyone and not everyone digs into the data files the way others do.  Really doesn't matter either way now does it I suppose.

Torque

I would say that I agree with the slowing of mechanic information release, but Deathcow demonstrated he didn't know about certain behaviors except for digging through the code; he was not able to follow what I was talking about until I explained it to him. I am the complete opposite in that I have never dug through code, and everything I know is by deducing the situation.

Can't beat actually playing the game I guess

twogirlz

C'mon its still rich with wrongdoings, free items, free skills, free spellups, heals etc.