My status

Started by Gardner Denver, Feb 07, 2014, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardner Denver

As most of you have noticed by now I've had less and less time to devote to GreaterMUD.  I feel it's probably time I explained what has been going on and why I'm not around as much.

Flash back 4 years ago.  For no reason I began to suffer from violent seizures.  Try as they may my doctors can neither explain why this is happening nor stop them from happening despite the tremendous amounts of anti seizure medication I am taking.  Shortly after this I began to suffer from tremors in my hands.  Basically I have some gross motor skills but almost no fine motor skills in my hands when they start.  Again my doctors have no idea why nor do they seem to be able to stop it. 

Between these two problem I have fallen up/down stairs, in the bath, and every other place you can imagine.  I have extreme swelling in my arms, hands, lets, and feet which causes me to be on a low dose but steady stream of pain killers.

Yesterday (2/7/14) I was diagnosed with COPD and my doctor thinks it's also very possible that I have congestive heart failure.

I thought you should know.

Teferi

We'll be thinking about you Gard.

Karl

Here's to a speedy recovery, sir.

Torque

That's heavy Gard, hope it diminishes quickly

MudHunter

:(

I'll say a couple prayers to the mud gods for ya, Gard.

Lan

Hey Gard,

I know I?m fairly new here, but in that short time you and our discussions have already made my experience much better. I?m not going to throw stones at people for bitching about a MudOP, because I think most of us have played MMud enough to have been there at one time or another, on some board or another. Moreover, it has nothing at all to do with the OP, and everything to do with passion for the game. It makes about as much sense as bitching at a gang member for not preventing me from dying at a boss, which I?ve also done. Anyway, my point is I?m sure all of us, even those who bitch the most, appreciate what you do; and moreover would be good buds outside the game. You and Vitoc, often thanklessly, have made a lot of our lives, just a bit better. Know that it?s very much appreciated. And especially at a time like this, I?m certain we?re all here for you man.

Fight that shit,

Lan

Hurricane Omega

Will remember you in my prayers.

Zetetic

Hi Gardner,

I'm truly sorry to hear of your troubles. If there is anything that we as a community can do to help, please let us know.

I hope that with the diagnosis, at least some of your symptoms become more manageable, and that your current quality of life can improve over what it has been.

My thoughts go with you.

Thergin

Hello Gardner,

It is good to be back after a long break, and it is bad to hear that you have been suffering for so long and a lot in silent.

I hope you have support from your friends and family, and know that we here care greatly for the amount of work and effort you have put in.

Thank you.

Dont let greatermud stress you.

Therg

Gardner Denver

Well 10 days and many many tests have gone by since my first post on this subject.  Today I went to the doctor to start getting some of the results back.  I am a diabetic it seems also.  I needed to be on a diet anyhow because I'm a little over weight.  This gives me incentive.  Today I went 12 hours with no food or drink other than clear water and my blood sugar was still 300.  I also have high blood pressure which kind of goes hand in hand with being over weight.  Take care of your bodies people otherwise your boddies will hit the ground to quote Tiny.

Finally I'd like to thank all the well wishers both here in the forums and in the realms regarding all this.

Greater

Quote from: Gardner Denver on Feb 17, 2014, 06:05 PM
Well 10 days and many many tests have gone by since my first post on this subject.  Today I went to the doctor to start getting some of the results back.  I am a diabetic it seems also.  I needed to be on a diet anyhow because I'm a little over weight.  This gives me incentive.  Today I went 12 hours with no food or drink other than clear water and my blood sugar was still 300.  I also have high blood pressure which kind of goes hand in hand with being over weight.  Take care of your bodies people otherwise your boddies will hit the ground to quote Tiny.

Finally I'd like to thank all the well wishers both here in the forums and in the realms regarding all this.

The boddies. Oh, the boddies.

Torque

micro managing food intake has been a personal specialty of mine as well, not that I am a champion ever. One way I've helped mitigate pangs are those little 1:15 minute soup cups by campbells. The time it takes to prepare it isn't too long, its hot so you can't crush it, its liquid which is mildly beneficial over solids, and it feels like it fills you up pseudo decently, at least for a little bit.

i also incorporate a masticating juicer, but that takes more willpower. all that green crap actually takes pretty good, but i ran into the mistake of throwing in too much fruit at first (you wouldn't throw in any because of the sugar, right?)

I've also used protein shakes as a meal replacement at times: finger full of peanut butter (almond butter is what I use), banana (frozen since I have so many of them), two full scoops of that gold standard crap from gnc (other brands have VERY questionable protein ratios), a splash of milk, and of course 6 ice cubes first, at the bottom of a blender. turns into a great chocolate shake like a reece's peanut butter cup, but im sure you can modify it to have less sugar

jim gilmore

hello Gardner.
Reaading your story really makes me wonder..
I have a friend whom is in her fifties now.
Here are some of the things i know about her condition...
She had liver problems though she was neber a drinker.
She has been diagnosed with copd...her hands shake so she does not like tto go out and eat in public.
she is over weight and borderline diabetic.
Things that make me wonder.....she worked for  film company and handled some nasty chemicles.
She had been addicted to ibprofen when she had a wart n her foot that her dr. mis diagnosed.
Not sure if that caused the severe liver problems.
She had tried drugs in her youth and cocaine. so maybe something it was cut with affected her..
just curious is anything rings a bell withh you ??
I am not trying to imply anything....just looking at symptoms that sound similar...

Gardner Denver

And the hits just keep on keeping on... :(

Had a little small surgery last Monday to remove a small growth on my head.  Sent it to the lab, got the results today.  Cancerous. :(  Also got a staph infection.  Weeks worth of anti biotics to clear up the staph then go back to the doctor in 2 weeks to make sure he got everything when he did the surgery.

THEN once all of this is done, I have a hernia that needs fixing...