My status

Started by Gardner Denver, Feb 07, 2014, 11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teferi

Quote from: Gardner Denver on May 12, 2014, 06:38 PM
And the hits just keep on keeping on... :(

Had a little small surgery last Monday to remove a small growth on my head.  Sent it to the lab, got the results today.  Cancerous. :(  Also got a staph infection.  Weeks worth of anti biotics to clear up the staph then go back to the doctor in 2 weeks to make sure he got everything when he did the surgery.

THEN once all of this is done, I have a hernia that needs fixing...

Was is basal or squamous cell?

Gardner Denver

Quote from: Teferi on May 12, 2014, 07:25 PM
Was is basal or squamous cell?

This one was basal.  I have 5 more that have to be removed and tested.  That will be done while I'm having the hernia operation.

Teferi

Quote from: Gardner Denver on May 12, 2014, 07:38 PM
This one was basal.  I have 5 more that have to be removed and tested.  That will be done while I'm having the hernia operation.

So sorry Gard, basal is the best of the worst though.

Hang tough.

addycorp

Quote from: Gardner Denver on May 12, 2014, 06:38 PM
And the hits just keep on keeping on... :(

Had a little small surgery last Monday to remove a small growth on my head.  Sent it to the lab, got the results today.  Cancerous. :(  Also got a staph infection.  Weeks worth of anti biotics to clear up the staph then go back to the doctor in 2 weeks to make sure he got everything when he did the surgery.

THEN once all of this is done, I have a hernia that needs fixing...

Can we get one of these for Tiny?

Gardner Denver

For those keeping track.  Yesterday (5/28/14) I went back to the surgeon for a checkup.  While he did not give me a cancer free diagnosis (aka "We got it all, you're good"), he didn't say that more surgery was needed.  He said "We'll keep an eye on it  for now".  I do have more places to remove when I get my hernia fixed.  That is scheduled for next month.  So the waiting game begins again.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Thoughts and prayers are with ya' buddy! 

Greater

Quote from: Gardner Denver on May 29, 2014, 05:28 PM
For those keeping track.  Yesterday (5/28/14) I went back to the surgeon for a checkup.  While he did not give me a cancer free diagnosis (aka "We got it all, you're good"), he didn't say that more surgery was needed.  He said "We'll keep an eye on it  for now".  I do have more places to remove when I get my hernia fixed.  That is scheduled for next month.  So the waiting game begins again.

Excise the cancer like a Urine Trouble dupe! Best wishes.