Shadowhome appears to be broken as of today:

[HP=59]:rest             
You are now resting.     
[HP=59 (Resting) ]:sn   
Attempting to sneak...   
[HP=59]:rest             
You are now resting.     
[HP=59 (Resting) ]:

EDIT: Let me be more explicit, since there is some confusion.  Sneaking/hiding should not break resting.  It used to show [HP=59 (Resting) ]: even if you started sneaking/hiding.  It also would not break sneak if you started resting.

Jumpin Jack Flash

Torque

Quote from: Stalkerr on Apr 30, 2013, 01:39 AM
the addition of a new Thief ability which I call shadowhome.  With this ability thieves will be able to rest while hidden. 

I'm reading that as, 'not hide while resting'. Too boring to find the actual update to check the wording, but either way it's not broken, but I don't see why they couldn't add it for the other way around, also sneak should be interchangeable with hide

jack

Quote from: Torque on Apr 08, 2014, 03:27 PM
I'm reading that as, 'not hide while resting'. Too boring to find the actual update to check the wording, but either way it's not broken, but I don't see why they couldn't add it for the other way around, also sneak should be interchangeable with hide

Ah, well that semantically makes sense, but that's not how it worked when it was introduced, and there was no notification of a change, so I think it's current behavior is an accident.  Incidentally, I did the same test with "hide" and it produced the same result--breaking resting and/or hiding.

Stalkerr

I honestly have no guesses on this..I don't recall any changes besides changing the item database on pvp to 2x.

Crabster

im assuming he is talking about the thief ability?

Stalkerr

Ya, I called it shadowhome..its based on a naming convention from battle for wesnoth where the suffix home attached to an ability shows that its a heals while on a certain tile type.