Class Chart Changes-Alliteration Alterations

Started by Stalkerr, Aug 15, 2014, 05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greater

Quote from: Thergin on Aug 17, 2014, 07:42 PM
Why make such a huge change to exp table of priest but leave warriors at 100%? The reality is warriors are too powerful all other exp tables should be reduced to balance this, and quest reward exp reduced along with this. Once you hit level 15, you skip a few levels of the game which are some of the best levels to play.

If you want to increase the exp then do it a small amount and see the effect.

Give it time, grasshopper.

Hayden

Quote from: Stalkerr on Aug 15, 2014, 05:26 AM
  Slowness needs to function and actually slow movement speed, I'm also considering allowing slowness to effect a monsters follow chance but thats just an idea atm as I've not looked into the in game implications of that change.

Slow is realllllly slow now.  I'm 30% encumbered  and  takes 4 seconds to clear a room.  And when 97% encumbered it takes 7 seconds.  And if you have already typed in 4 steps ahead and get slowed in the first room, your unable to input any commands for 16-28 seconds depending on encumberence.  That scenario is like slep/hold all rolled into one.

My 2 farthings.

Stalkerr

Quote from: Hayden on Aug 17, 2014, 09:35 PM
Slow is realllllly slow now.  I'm 30% encumbered  and  takes 4 seconds to clear a room.  And when 97% encumbered it takes 7 seconds.  And if you have already typed in 4 steps ahead and get slowed in the first room, your unable to input any commands for 16-28 seconds depending on encumberence.  That scenario is like slep/hold all rolled into one.

My 2 farthings.

Thats probably worht at least 2 cents, its a little perspective on what was delay in MS that some how never really converted to seconds in my head.  Obv we handle movement delays a bit different than mmud so I'll keep that in mind and retweek.  Currently most slowness spells use 200 which we were converting into a 2000 ms movement speed debuff, It should probably be 1000 ms for the average slowness spell.

Stalkerr

Quote from: Thergin on Aug 17, 2014, 07:42 PM
Why make such a huge change to exp table of priest but leave warriors at 100%? The reality is warriors are too powerful all other exp tables should be reduced to balance this, and quest reward exp reduced along with this. Once you hit level 15, you skip a few levels of the game which are some of the best levels to play.

If you want to increase the exp then do it a small amount and see the effect.

The 190% chart is actually based on thresholds from quest experience and the levels you'll hit afterwords.  I originally had come up with 210% and hand expected more additional hours of scripting to reach the next levels after quest experience.  Someone suggested a 190% chart vs the 210% and I went back and looked it didnt change the levels thresholds rom quest exp, just lowered the hours~ until next level somewhat.  There are some cases where low exp chart races play with this scenario a little, but not enough that I didn't want to consider the 190% chart.  As for warriors, ya they are funky and ultimately yes; they are worth more than 100%.  But, they are just kinda off topic and not really what I'm focused on atm.  When I added some spells to mage-2, I heard a lot about 'Well why not give soul to priest-2'.  A cleric is not the same as a warlock, a gypsy is not the same as a missionary,  Priest-2 is not the same as Mage-2.  Clerics do exactly what they are suppose to do, Missionaries kinda do as well, but I admit they need some work.  Warlocks and Gypsies  do not function well and really need some work to hit similar power spikes as other classes.  In a similar way, warriors are not priests, and the power level of priests isn't really related to the power level of warriors.  So while I'm sure there is plenty that can be done to work on warriors, I'd prefer to not blur this all the other stuff that could use some work.

LlamaKing

Maybe I missed part of this about not being implemented, but currently on a level 53 Mystic, 0 DR is given by TORT.

Quote from: Vile on Aug 16, 2014, 11:32 PM
Spellmod mystic love. I tried to be reasonable.

way of the tortise
Cap: 60 -- DR 10+(1*lvl)
(@lvl 12): DR 2
(@lvl 30): DR 4
(@lvl 60): DR 8

LlamaKing

Might be intended as well, but DFRM causes -1 kai on tick...

Zetetic

Quote from: Vile on Aug 17, 2014, 07:42 AM
What in particular do you think is unreasonable?

My apologies, I should have been more specific. First, do we feel that Mystic is as a class under-powered for their exp chart?

I don't mean are their class-specific abilities overly useful, just is the class itself under-powered?

When I look through your list of abilities, I see that you have given Mystic healing and debuffs similar to that of a Druid, light source and combat spells better than a Mage, combat spells less powerful than a Priest and personal only buffs equal to or superior to single target Bard buffs. You've added a +MR buff that removes one of the few weaknesses of the Mystic class in PVP. While it is true that you will not have mana (Kai) regen equivalent of even a magic-2 caster, the amount of utility you would get even just from the bursts of capability afforded by your total Kai pool would be incredible.

If you are attempting to fix balance by your suggestions, could you maybe suggest what particular bit of balance you are attempting to correct with each ability change? If your desire is just to give some meaning to the content that the Mystic has, I agree with the principle of doing that, however your suggestions don't create more of a unique feel for the class, they just give it more abilities that other classes already have.

As a small example for making the content side of it more interesting, how about the following:
Form of the Monkey - Gives the equivalent abilities of a rope and grapple and a climbing harness. Adds 5% confusion to self as you are distracted by a need to scratch yourself and play with a stick.
Form of the Crane - Reduces max damage for jumpkick (a large amount), makes the kick attack damage lightning type.
Troll - If you want to increase the healing of this spell, make it also give -rfir that also scales with level (more -rfir as the healing increases).
Tortoise - Sure, increase DR with levels, but make it give -movement speed as well.

Stalkerr

If I were to plan changes for mystics, I believe that would be an overall drastic change to the class rather than simply buffing every spell they have.  Mystics did get the largest buf of any class already, I lowered their chart by 250%.  You're welcome.

Karl

Quote from: Stalkerr on Aug 15, 2014, 07:53 AM
After some discussion on this matter with 2 priests

Infernal Darkness

New 1 Minute
Current WTF 7 minutes
#: 1102, Name: infernal darkness, Short: dark, Magery: Priest-3, LVL: 50, Mana: 45, Diff: -130
>> Target: Full Attack Area -- Attack Type: Cold -- LVL Gain Cap: 60 -- (@lvl 60):  ProtEvil -10, Illu -9999, EvilOnly, EvilInCombat, Accuracy -30, for 20 rounds
#: 1102, Name: infernal darkness, Short: dark, Magery: Priest-3, LVL: 50, Mana: 45, Diff: -130
>> Target: Full Attack Area -- Attack Type: Cold -- LVL Gain Cap: 60 -- (@lvl 60):  ProtEvil -10, Illu -9999, EvilOnly, EvilInCombat, Accuracy -30, for 140 rounds

Don't touch dark...that 7 minute spell is the most convincing reason to not quest good in pvp realms.