Let's Talk Quest Exp

Started by Stalkerr, Sep 09, 2014, 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stalkerr

Quote from: Jumpin Jack Flash on Sep 16, 2014, 05:57 AM
So, they can use spell levels 1/3 of their actual level.  This means they would need to be level 3 before they could use MMIS as a combat cast?  If this is correct, then with DFIR being level 25, the warlock would have to be level 75 to cast it in this mode.  May want to think about making this 1/2, instead of 1/3, so a level 50 Warlock could use DFIR as combat cast.

This is freakin' awesome, btw.  Nice job!
Well, there is some potential for some tinkering, but we're talking about a pretty big dps boost with those level 30 range spells.

MMIS (@lvl 9): Damage(-MR) 15 to 24 -- 20 AVG
FJET (@lvl 13): Damage(-MR) 21 to 30 -- 25 AVG
LBOL (@lvl 18): Damage(-MR) 30 to 56 -- 43 AVG

You see, this ends up being a pretty substantial avg damage boost, and the mana requirements are somewhat conservative.  There appear to be a couple stray warlocks hanging out on the pve side.  We'll probably work on some kind of implementation of this and see about tweaking it. 

I can definitely see why you bring up dfir as a target point, it is historically the highlight of mage-2 and a very iconic spell for mud.  We could make this less reliable and potentially allow for higher level spells to be used. 

This is a somewhat technical example so bare with me.  A warlock begins his combat round with 0 NRG for casting his CC spell.  Each successful attack increases his energy pool and when he reaches 1000 energy the spell is cast.  So we'd have to figure out a fair way to balance this out.  Lets say the warlock has 200 sc and is attempting to cast a level 30 spell that is -60 difficulty.  We start by subtracting 60 from 200, and get 140, subtract the spell level(30) and end up with 110.  A successful critical hit can add 110 * (critically hit modifer) to the warlock's spell energy pool, and a normal hit adds 110 .  The warlock will lose 25 NRG per combat round that he is not engaged in combat and lose all energy if he switches spells...MMMMM I don't like this version

Ok nrg per swing Possible Varibles

SpellCasting Spell_Level Spell_Difficulty Player_level Player_Int Player_agility Player_charm

I'll have to come back to this..I'd like to find some kinda math that makes this work so at lower levels you get to cast your spell on a good combat round, otherwise every other/few rounds.  Then if you stick with the low level spell it will eventually be something you can cast everyround.  But if you start trying to cast higher level spells you'll revert back to a every few rounds.  I over complicated it in the striked out example and while it kinda worked with the numbers I was using, that didn't pan out to work at other level ranges

Thergin

The changes to quest exp I think are great, and have been saying this for awhile, some of the best parts of the game now get skipped as soon as you hit 15. I would move the high druid, ice sorc, and phoenix around. so make high druid and ice sorc a little bit later in level maybe 18.

It then gives you some things to do and look forward too.

Thesifer

Seems like it would also be better if they just weren't all stacked at certain levels, like 15.

Jigga

The only one I'm iffy about is golden chalice. In a GMUD sized realm, it's rather hard to get. I wouldn't nerf that one so much. Ice sorceress and high druid, yeah those can basically be earned at any time.
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~

Hayden

I like the ideas of changing the current warlock smash whether it be DC's implementation of CC combat or just allowing warlocks to wield 2-h weapons JUST for smashing purposes only. 
I'm not sure how to prevent removing the 2h weapon, casting, then rearming.

Any change will be welcome regardless.

Jigga

Quote from: Lanzino on Sep 23, 2014, 09:30 PM
Seems like it would also be better if they just weren't all stacked at certain levels, like 15.

I like that idea a lot...
~{RoBDaWG - Jigga - Rza}~   ||  ~{Sysop of UtopiaBBS.com}~